Rage, Hysteria, Grotesque Inequality, Bullshit, World Banks, Overpopulation, Wage Stagnation, Cost of Living Skyrocketing, Childhood Suicide

Ramona

so pleased to see you resisted TEW I have only been here for a while but I absolutely love your bluntness In your posts and would have been gutted if you would have thrown your quit away. Now please can we have no more of that talk, we are all ready to celebrate your year soon.

Chicago commercial photographers

• Like 2

Glad to see a happy ending to this!

Lots of bad shit in the world and even in our lives at times.  It happens to ALL of us, those who've never smoked, those who've smoked but quit and those who smoke.  Smoking changes nothing except an accelerated path to poor health and an early grave.

Perhaps tuning out from all of the crap on the news for a bit might help.  Take a break from it.  Everybody does, don't you know?  Stay strong! :)

• Like 2

Like MQ says: Shit will always happen in one's life because that is life if you smoke or not!

So remember

How you deal with shit it is what counts and makes us who we are as an individual!

And as a individual, be very proud of yourself that you did not smoke!

• Like 1

I missed this...but so happy you didn't smoke, young lady!!!!!!

I would find you....and slap your ass!  That will give you something to cry about

Seriously....you need to stop overthinking girl....your post gave me anxiety just reading it so I can' imagine what it's like to be in your head

Relax....relax...and realize...that you are no big deal...all this is no big deal....we are just like sand pebbles in this huge galaxy....yet we act like we are so important.  The only thing important is getting through this life as happily and healthy as possible...and that includes not sucking on cancer sticks...and taking care of this body we were given so we can enjoy this life.  It's that simple darling......don't try to complicate it.

Just for today

Today is really all we have

HUGS TEW!!

• Like 1

So much good advice here.  Didn't smoke.

Sarge, you piss me off but you also motivate me (DESPITE OBNOXIOUS MOTTOS LIKE "EASY PEASY").  So "f-u" and "thank you" (leaning heavy on the former in this case).

SunnySide - you're right...soon as I puff, I belong.  I belong to AA again - I belong to the "**** you" crew - to the self-harm - to the "I-can-go-it-alone" mindset - - the nicotine, white-wash, hazy-smoke.  Three cheers for death death death!!!!!  la-la-la.  By golly, gee willikers, smoking would make me AMERICAN again.

In light of today's "Happy Genocidal Maniac Day" - - - - - - I'd rather not be nicotine's bitch.  I'm a whitey but I'm not American (even if I live inside the lines).  I got the curse of both parties any way.  That being said, curse or no curse, I do here declare: if Bernie Sanders becomes our democratic candidate for president then I will break my 6 years sobriety and indulge in some cheap Canadian Whiskey.  Figure I'll be uplifted by that.

Sarge pisses most of us off. Pisses me off that he's right, a lot, too. Buddhist phillosophy has some cool stuff; "loving" someone means wanting the best for them. Lying to them is not helping them reach the right path.

I've got 22 years in a 12 step group; so, getting clean off of substances was and is a huge part of my life. I smoked 3 packs a day for most of 40 years, and last year I checked into this forum and these people saved my butt. I had forgotten how much I "felt" those first couple of years clean off drugs. How angry, how sad, how everything. . .same thing happened with stopping the nicotine.

Taking away nicotine has been a VERY BIG DEAL. What I wanted everyone here to tell me was that it would get better, and then I wanted to know when. They all tell the first; the second part is different for everyone.

I wanted to smoke yesterday. The actual craving lasted about 2 minutes. The emptiness, you know, THAT empty spot, the one I have tried to cover with every thing from booze, drugs, food, sex. . .that's what is underneath the smoke. So, my husband and I took a bike ride this evening to the park, fed the ducks, and now I'm here. Find stuff to occupy yourself and here is the recipe for Hummus (buy lots of vegetables that are fairly good and smear them heavily with hummus. Still calories, but beats donuts. Join the gym and get on that bike thing. Scream and cry; we all do that. But, it did get better, and it continues to get better. My complexion is better, I only gained 20 pounds instead of the 50 I was worried about, and my son is now almost 15 and I will probably be around much longer to be a mom to him. I don't cough anymore. At all. My sense of smell is tremendous; I couldn't smell anything before. (sometimes I am not so happy about this last one!) Hmm, what else. Money. Lots more money now. I'm going to Ireland in May from the money I would have spent on smokes, and, because if I hadn't quit smoking there was no way in hell I was going to make that flight. Seriously, just couldn't take that many hours without smoking.

FYI; breaking your clean time because of a presidential candidate? Uh, maybe not a great idea.. .

Just today I don't smoke. Same thing that keeps me clean keeps me clean. Go figure. The people here are great; all of them. All of us bring our own flavor to the table, but the goal is the same. No nicotine. For me, it's no nicotine in any form. I don't chew it, I don't smoke it, I don't vape it. One hit and I'm smoking again.

After 9 month non smoking, I started vaping 0 mg. nicotine. I had gotten so twitchy and restless that I thought the habit would get me through a few weeks until I smoothed out some. I vaped for a few months and last month threw all that out. That wasn't my smartest decision, but, I'm still clean off nicotine. This month has been a little uneasy, probably because I delayed dealing with some of my shit, but it's getting better. I just walk and bike more. lol!

Hummus:

• 2 cups drained well-cooked or canned chickpeas, liquid reserved
    • 1/2 cup tahini (sesame paste), optional, with some of its oil (don't use peanut butter-not the same thing) You can leave out the tahini, though; still good.
    • 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus oil for drizzling
    • 2 cloves garlic, peeled, or to taste or  (2 tablespoons minced garlic)
    • Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
    • 1 tablespoon ground cumin, plus a sprinkling of paprika for garnish if you want
    • Juice of 1 lemon, plus more as needed (or about a tablespoon of lemon juice)

Preparation
  1. 1. Put everything except the paprika in a food processor and begin to process; add the chickpea liquid or water as needed to allow the machine to produce a smooth puree.
  2. 2. Taste and adjust the seasoning (I often find I like to add much more lemon juice). Serve, drizzled with the olive oil and sprinkled with a bit more cumin or paprika.

• Like 1

Yes.  Much less insane, sensitive, touchy, extreme, and explosive.

awww (((TEW))) xox

I'm the opposite!! much LESS of the above PLUS more 'relaxed' and not giving a TOSS what others think, including family!!!

Which is odd, given I hated hiding smoking from them...??? go figure!!