Freaking out sos!!!

Warrioringthrough

Warrior I know what you are feeling. It's awful but I can assure you it will feel worse if you smoke. DO something physical....get your mind off the urge. Suck on a straw or an ice cube. Try to calm down. It will go away....it just takes half an hour or so. You will be okay. I hear you.....but honestly, you have to fight. Do whatever you have to do but don't smoke. Walk, run, clean....just get your mind off it. Nope, nope, nope.

• Like 1

I held one in my hand, but I said nope! Ugh I hate this addiction.

Playing with fire... Not a great idea! But if you feel it helped you, then OK. Just so long as your next post doesn't say you smoked it...!

A cigarette is a inatimate object, which only has the power you give it... It can't FORCE you to smoke it, only you can make that decision - make the right one.

You can do this!

• Like 3

You still have cigs,lighter...?

My advice.....crush it up....And any more you have....flush them down the toilet.....

Your a non smoker.....

While they are lying around ....the little nico monster is jumping up and down.....rubbing his hands.....

Fight.....

• Like 2

Warrior. This will pass but if you continue to fantasize about that 1 cigarette you are just torturing yourself. That 1 cigarette---it's an illusion. You are craving that feeling it gave you when you were in withdrawal but if you were to smoke that cigarette you would be disappointed because you will not achieve that feeling that you crave. You are not in withdrawal. You are associating the feel good feeling with the cigarette itself and this is the lie.

Good news though. There are other ways to get that feel good feeling. So many more and work better than any nasty puff of a nasty cigarette...and right now you are learning what those other ways are. You never really did because you always turned to the cigarette for comfort.

Feel good moments that mimic the feeling you are craving. (Remember, it's not a craving for a smoke. It's a craving for a feeling. A sensation. Relief of tension or boredom or anxiety)

Cardio exercise. Get your heart pumping. Run walk fast swim bike jog - whatever it takes to get your heart pumping. Endorphins yes. Yes yes.

Orgasms. - I'm not trying to be funny. It's science. Having an orgasm releases a flood of natural chemicals produced by your body including dopamine, oxytocin which is s natural tranquilizer and pain reliever, serotonin - feel good feeling.

Laughing - another activity that releases endorphins.

Meditation/relaxation techniques -. You tube or audio apps. Deep breathing-- focusing on your breath, on the moment. An activity you can take anywhere. Can't always have sex or run but you can always deep breath.

Those are my 4 favorite things. There are so many other healthy feel good "go to's" to discover. Your job now is to figure out which ones suit you.

All that because you quit smoking! You got too much to do. Ain't nobody got time for puffin. Yuck. No going back only forward.

Besides. You are a warrior. And warriors don't smoke.

• Like 3

Thanks so much, your all right! I had a weak moment. i asked my friend to give me one to hold, that's why I had it. It smelled gross, even felt gross in my hand, unnatural, that's how I know I'm no longer a smoker. It's true I'm being reborn as a nonsmoker retraining my habits after 20 years of the motion of smoking. its a process. I feel better today. Yesterday was my dads birthday I think that played a roll.

• Like 3

I missed this when it was a little more critical.... But want to chime in and say well done on sticking to your guns! The addiction is extremely powerful and you need to constantly remind yourself why this is the right thing to do. We all know it's a battle when we sign up for this.... Keep your eye on the prize and add your name to the list of those who has succeeded in beating this..

Also..a HUGE high5 to Tyme2be for jumping in right away and walking Warrior through this!!

• Like 2

Nice Warrior. Have u ever lit one and then thought "darn....thats not what I wanted"? Thats disappointing when you are a full time smoker. Imagine what it would be like after a smokefree month! So glad you didnt give in! Remembering that sickly, nauseating sour chemical smell helps me.