vacation(s) all booked... (holiday for the islanders ;) ) anyone else making plans?

joe

I spent the day yesterday making final preperations for a couple of vacations we are planning next year...the first one is a return trip to the place we went to last year in Florida...well...kinda..

last year we made reservations to return this year to the same place, but after a little looking around, I found what I consider to be a better deal at a different place..it is located only a couple hundred yards down the beach from the previous place

Here is a few pics of the room we will be staying in....its a little smaller than the other choices we had, but it is right on the beach, and since its only for a week, so I am sure there is plenty of room for the 2 of us.

10471253_948629175166873_231581444437572

10410954_948629218500202_678887898781398

Deposit is made, and flights are booked..all that needs to be done, is reserve a car and wait for the snow to fall here....and there is no need to be in a rush for either one of those.. :P

The other week we finalized this week-end, was a return trip to the Outer Banks N.C...

The story goes...Our oldest daughter got married there 10 years ago last July..we always said that on their 10th anniversary we (all the kids/grand-kids)would return for a vacation...last time we were there, there was an angenda, so it was almost as much work as it was relaxing....so...this time,it will be nothing but enjoying our time together...We had to put the trip off for a year, because if any of you remember, Kelli (our oldest) was pregnant this last summer and had her daughter July 28th..so..she didnt think she was in bikini form and we rescheduled for this year.. :rolleyes: (the reality was, she didnt want to be having a baby on vacation...lol)...anyhow, we booked a 8 bedroom house in South Nags Head for a week in June...and unlike DD, I have no desire to swim with sharks, so we made sure our house has a pool to cool off in...the beach is for working on the tan..  :dirol:  :beach: ....

this is a link to the house...Im not going to post any more huge pics,..

http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p3841774?utm_campaign=HAUS_TRV_INQ_HASC_inquirytraveler_PPS&utm_content=propthumb_image_o_lprop&utm_term=20150808&utm_source=SYS&utm_medium=email

I can hardly wait for the OBX vacation...every year we try to coordinate with the girls for a small vacation, but with their schedules..and of course the kids are involved in activities, we can never seem to get together...

anyhow...both of my get-aways this year involve the Atlantic Ocean...next year I think the pacific Ocean needs looked at. ;)

Has anyone else planned anything exciting..??

And to be totally truthful, for any lurkers who may be reading this...I can only afford this because of all the money I have saved by not smoking...(that and all my girls are grown, so I can finally save some money...lol) The counter in my signature says ive saved around $4500.00   the reality is, Ive saved much more than that..the price keeps going up, plus all the wasted time/gas going to get another pack..taking to long way home so I can finish the one I have lit. etc...

• Like 6

beautiful Joe!!  Outer Banks has been my family vacation spot for years

My son will be stationed in Colorado Springs next so I think a trip out there will be in order.  I've been up and down the East coast many times but I've never been anywhere West of Ohio so this will be cool. 

• Like 1

beautiful Joe!!  Outer Banks has been my family vacation spot for years

My son will be stationed in Colorado Springs next so I think a trip out there will be in order.  I've been up and down the East coast many times but I've never been anywhere West of Ohio so this will be cool.

Same here...it seems we always head east... The farthest west we have been is Iowa... And there really wasn't much there except miles and miles of corn fields...lol

I have a few cousins that lives in the Pueblo West area (Pikes Peak can be seen in the distance) and a few others near Denver... The pictures I see of theirs is awesome...

I really should go that direction and visit sometime....

Have fun on your trip, and when you fly over Lake Erie, give a wave.. :)

• Like 2

You guys have planned some lovely holidays!

Patiently waiting for the american contingent to visit the shires of England! By the time you lot get your act together I won't have a spare room lol.

Jokes aside, Joe, how amazing   :)

You guys have planned some lovely holidays!

Patiently waiting for the american contingent to visit the shires of England! By the time you lot get your act together I won't have a spare room lol.

Jokes aside, Joe, how amazing   :)

Seriously... I would love to visit England.. I have traced my heritage (my dads great grandparents) to England.. I would have to go look, but I believe they were from the Devonshire area...I know it was something "shire" ...lol

Very nice... Outer Banks rocks.  I too am a East coaster... love Virginia Beach myself.

Heading on a cruise to Bahamas in 2 weeks.  CAn hardly stand the wait.

Have fun and enjoy.

This sounds a little bit of alright too crispy...very nice indeed....I'm jealous here....all those lovely places....x

OBX is nice. We do 4x4 area eight miles up beach from roads end in Corolla.

Also love Florida.

Only plans for next year are myrtle beach bike week in May and Sturgis. Maybe OBX in June or July.

Pacific Northwest is nice. Whole country is honestly. Have not visited anywhere I regret except Denver where Petra blew me off

• Like 1

OBX is nice.

Only plans for next year are myrtle beach bike week in May and Sturgis. Maybe OBX in June or July.

Would love to do the 4x4 beach, but only one of my girls have a 4x4 besides me....so we ruled that out... We will take a trip up that way to see if we can spot any Mustangs. ;) Also plan to reserve a fishing charter for one of the day's both when I'm in Fl, and the OBX.... We will be in the OBX in June (South Nags Head)