Mom..cant you just smoke again

cheri

Alex...mom, i just want to sleep in my own bed.

Me...you will. soon.

Alex..this all happened because you stopped smoking.

Me..no..this happened because i gained freedom, freedom that was long overdue. this is just an excuse.

Alex...what does that even mean mother?

Me..how about we talk more tomorrow. i love you.

Slamdoor.

sadness.

i dont even know what to say to this ...not that i told any of you whats going on but WTF.

that makes me so sad.

its an obvious reason for blame.

long rocky road ahead.

marshmallow free.

NO NO NO!!

Don't you dare start doing that.  No guilt, you were repressing and now you're dealing. And not smoking. This is perfect stuff to teach your daughter!! Trust me ;)  My kids love that I don't smoke. They abhor the smell and we statistically stand a far higher chance of our children never being smokers.

Setting the standards I call it. We are powerful beings, free spirits who must not be mistreated. If people can up their game then fine, but if they can't, we are worth more.

Chin up, chest out, marching :)

x

• Like 3

Cheri even though that is tough to hear. You are doing what you need too. Don't start looking back, don't start having doubts. You are doing the right thing, eventually Alex will see that, all good thing in life we have to fight for, if it just happens, in the long run, it won't be appreciated as much.

Hang in there, I remember my kids telling me they hated me, not smoking, now they are very proud and are trying to get their dad to quit.

• Like 1

Cheri even though that is tough to hear. You are doing what you need too. Don't start looking back, don't start having doubts. You are doing the right thing, eventually Alex will see that, all good thing in life we have to fight for, if it just happens, in the long run, it won't be appreciated as much.

Hang in there, I remember my kids telling me they hated me, not smoking, now they are very proud and are trying to get their dad to quit.

X2

...sometimes. when I've been in chains...then experience freedom....

and people I care deeply about are impacted in ways that are...less than comfortable

...I have used their pain as a reason (excuse) ... to continue to harm mySelf....

and then wished desperately rthat  I had done something else,....anything else.....other than feed the monster again....

TODAY I have over 2 months free from nicotine. B)  

I hope your rocky road finds marshmallows and you share the sundae with Alex.

• Like 1