Sounding off

bakon

I met a friend and her pup at the off leash dog park.  It's a beautiful setting; a wide dirt path in the woods that circles a lake with happy dogs everywhere.  Back in 2009, someone dumped/abandoned an old yellow lab at that park and he wandered alone until someone finally called the pound.  He eventually became my dog.  Having him was one of the best things that has happened in my life.  It was a short 1 1/2 years together, but so worth it.  Tonight, I saw an old lab hanging out.  He had an owner, but I got to give him a hug anyway.

Saw a meme on Facebook today..."I told my therapist about you".  It struck me funny.

Adopting and rescuing is amazing and respectable..... nice work. 

• Like 1

Crime fighting not so easy these days

but dancing doesn't pay enough and I can't sing

Thanks bat and anyone else who stands up on the good guys side. Media makes it easy to get idea majority is standing on the other side. They are wrong. Most people don't have a side but are fair enough to know that blue line is only thing letting th sleep at night or walk down streets without being robbed.

Without community support the LE job is too hard to do.

Some messed up sh it going on right now Bakon.  Just read a story about the 5-0 in Chicago.  People are morons.

• Like 2

More likely biker. Just have to figure way to get paid without taking my clothes off.

Run 'how to' courses

The Motorbike Midlife Crisis

Trimester 1. how to identify a bike that will only work 10-15% of the time and after much manual labour.

Trimester 2. how to accurately and colourfully describe Japanese motorbikes

Trimester 3. how to live hard (while maintaining a healthy diet and good skin)

It's looking good Porky. 

Where do I sign up?

• Like 2

There is lego everywhere! How do I even sort this? Into sets to make up or into lego type ie wheels and windowns etc. 

Whatever you do Marti, don't let any hit the floor.  You WILL step on them in the middle of the night barefoot and it WILL feel like a stone dagger.  

I wonder if there's even one appropriate present for my 40th next week? My Mum has already told me she's excited and has bought me some cream to sort my face out.... she doesn't see that may sound a little insulting - see earlier quandry about staying sober or just getting drunk when meeting up with mutiples of these fools at the weekend.....

You should invest in some weights.  They will protect your bones as you get older.  For your mom's next birthday, get her some duct tape :)

• Like 1

Crime fighting not so easy these days

but dancing doesn't pay enough and I can't sing

Thanks bat and anyone else who stands up on the good guys side. Media makes it easy to get idea majority is standing on the other side. They are wrong. Most people don't have a side but are fair enough to know that blue line is only thing letting th sleep at night or walk down streets without being robbed.

Without community support the LE job is too hard to do.

My sister in law lives in fox lake where the officer was shot yesterday by 3 pieces of sh*t (sorry but the only way I can describe them) They are still trying to find them today, they closed the schools and she said there were copters flying all over. I hope they find the losers but they haven't yet. 

• Like 2

Got boss who writes me an email on writing in pen to make corrections later on the shift report/day sheet and pointing out employees mistakes. I Can't fix without employee present because I don't have the info so it's just a note to fix it at 2300 the start of next shift. Not calling him at 7am when he finished at 630 and could be sleeping.

F&cknut boss worried about bs that isn't there and I am 47 stopping cars at 2am with three twenty year old people inside looking for someone just tried to get in a house and woke up owner. But don't fix a report or jot a note in pen as others might think someone make a mistake. Hey sh!thead some mistake can get you killed but worry about how many people are listed on alarm call report when dispatch and officer enter call wrong on report that only needs fixed for his stupid ass to read. Nobody else cares

Get real

Did I forget to mention he hasn't stopped a car in 26 years and worked his last night shift at age 37. Out of touch and at 63 needs to retire

Know it all that's never done anything on road since I was hired but always been there to say what we do wrong Just tired of him growing into a grumpy old man and we all got to take his moods because he's boss. I quit caring about a year ago but can't wait to bitch slap him because he pisses on the guys trying to do a good job because he got no life or friends. Someday

• Like 1

No bush just a place for buddy. Next to other buddy. Where pen was in yard for first guy. Took pen down and planted four pines about 10 years ago. Those trees are thirty feet tall now and form a nice area for them to rest

• Like 3

May he rest in peace.  I don't know why people don't understand the courage and sacrifice of police officers.

I think most do. But, no offense intended (and I know this won't make me popular here), not every cop is a good cop. And some folks get to see more of that than others.

That said, this is a horrible tragedy.

• Like 1

Reading a book titled Assholes A Theory

Defines an asshole with three items

1 Allows himself to enjoy special advantages systematically

2. Does this out of a sense of entitlement and

3. Immune by sense of entitlement against the complaints of other people.

Does what he want. When he wants and doesn't care why.

Most are men. Why? Because a woman would be called a bitch.

On to the duck theory of bad cops:

using that definition it is easy to call a cop an asshollle when just doing his job, depending on what side of the pond the rubber duck is looking from.

But is there bad ones, yep. But a traffic cop is only an asshole to the person signing the ticket. The parents of the kids walking by say "look the asshollles are finally doing their job". But like the work because all the cars are slowing and little dumby is walking to school safely

Back to asshollles.

They are only asshollles if you are offended in some manner. If their is no complaint then the action or manner is not offensive.

Take a joke Where it's said and to who decides if the person is an asshollles for repeating it.

Or cutting in line. Asshollles cut but it's ok if the person has an emergency and needs to get by.