Sounding off

bakon

I wonder if the islanders accents depends on where exactly they are from...for example Stu and Doreen and Tracey...I can understand them perfectly and even forget they are islanders....then there's Marti...

Suebedoo was even worse....where is that lady anyway???...she was another one where I had to read it 3 times before I understood...

I also wonder if Sonic is bringing home a mail order bride

• Like 3

I wonder if the islanders accents depends on where exactly they are from...for example Stu and Doreen and Tracey...I can understand them perfectly and even forget they are islanders....then there's Marti...

Suebedoo was even worse....where is that lady anyway???...she was another one where I had to read it 3 times before I understood...

I also wonder if Sonic is bringing home a mail order bride

Ok, I'm going in whoop whoop (that's a submarine noise for the uninitiated)........

I actually don't know where Tracey is from, hasn't she defected to the dark side? Sure it was near Manchester airport though so northern?

Doreen is rubbing her hands in glee I see but the liverpuddlians are truly lovely people. Still northern in location.

Stu is Scottish, I mean I know we have to call it "british" but that's a group of 4 countries. It's a whole other country :)

Lil old me is Southern. Originally from the far reaches of London (outskirts) and now I'm a hobbit (live in the shires, Buckinghamshire) but born and bred London. I'm gonna call us unique :) We have our own way of talking bruv, not the fella's to be messin wiv init. When we wanna catch folk out we switch to slang or cockney rhymes - which were in their day a different line of speaking so that the news boys of old London could converse without the posh folk catching their drift (cathching the meaning of what they said) and it's pretty tricky to switch out of! :)  Will try and make more sense but make no promises haha.

• Like 5

Odd factoid about me.  My first name is Maryland.  Middle name is Bernard.  Last name is Quitter.  Maryland Bernard Quitter.  Oddly enough, I live in Maryland and when I quit smoking, I just used my name as my display name.  For this is the first time in my life that my name actually makes sense!

• Like 4

smarti is queen of jiberish, but when drunk she makes total sense and is pretty sexy...not that I looked at her legs under the green dress.

I have no plans for upcoming holiday weekend and am afraid I will be bored and waste the last good weekend of the summer for me... (only 1 weekend off a month)  I need to make a plan....

• Like 2

I saw a show today where the guy at a check in counter didn't like people so everyone thought him rude....I remember being a young guy at work and liking people....kind of makes sense we should...I promise to hug someone in next eight hours...

• Like 2

I am grateful for discovering the effects of chamomile tea as of late, I've been pretty anxious lately and even switched to half decaf coffee... I'm horrible with what ifs lately... maybe switching to decaf completely. On a happy note, my priorities have drastically improved lately as well. :) Oh and I had peanut butter on a spoon for dessert with chocolate almond milk. (My zero sugar has been relaxed a little :P )

• Like 1

I met a friend and her pup at the off leash dog park.  It's a beautiful setting; a wide dirt path in the woods that circles a lake with happy dogs everywhere.  Back in 2009, someone dumped/abandoned an old yellow lab at that park and he wandered alone until someone finally called the pound.  He eventually became my dog.  Having him was one of the best things that has happened in my life.  It was a short 1 1/2 years together, but so worth it.  Tonight, I saw an old lab hanging out.  He had an owner, but I got to give him a hug anyway.

Saw a meme on Facebook today..."I told my therapist about you".  It struck me funny.

• Like 2

Crime fighting not so easy these days

but dancing doesn't pay enough and I can't sing

Thanks bat and anyone else who stands up on the good guys side. Media makes it easy to get idea majority is standing on the other side. They are wrong. Most people don't have a side but are fair enough to know that blue line is only thing letting th sleep at night or walk down streets without being robbed.

Without community support the LE job is too hard to do.

• Like 5