Swimming with Sharks?

joe

Well...I dont plan on it, but after all the attacks this year, you can bet I dont plan to venture very far out in the surf! :blink:

For the last week, Ive been putting the finishing touches on a little vacation to the (OBX) Outer Banks, North Carolina.

10 years ago, my oldest daughter got married there, and ever since then we always said we would like to go back sometime without that kind of agenda.Last time the women had running around to do every day to get ready which left little time to really enjoy being there.

I reserved a house for next June and it appears all the girls and their better half's will be able to get vacation time so, today I sent in the deposit! :)

this is what we will be renting...our only criteria was , that we wanted ON the ocean, and have a pool....so that we dont become shark bait...lol..

http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p3841774?utm_campaign=HAUS_TRV_INQ_HASC_inquirytraveler_PPS&utm_content=propthumb_image_o_lprop&utm_term=20150808&utm_source=SYS&utm_medium=email

It was almost impossible to find a house big enough that we were willing to pay that much for...the prices sure have gone up in the last 10 years...lol....Last time we stayed on the sound side, along the 5th fairway of the golf course...no pool, so it was a LOT cheaper.....this time we will have have good views of the sunrise (ocean)AND sunset (sound)...It gets pretty narrow where we will be staying so we should be able to get good views of both.(last time our house faced west (sunsets)

anyhow...I know DD would like to swim with sharks, but I am content to see the water out my window and not really care whats swimming in it...lol..

(also me and the Missus are planning a return trip to Florida in Feb. we made reservations last year when we were there...Its in Pompano Beach..its a little place that we kinda stumbled across last year, and liked how secluded and quiet it was, so we are heading back again...

http://ebbtideresort.com/

Im kinda liking not working... :P

• Like 3

Hi Joe!!  Just got back from the outer banks 2 weeks ago...love it there!  We used to vacation there every year...but haven't been for the past 10 years so it was so nice to go back.  And yes....I did swim with the sharks...LOL

my daughter being a joker drew in the shark..lol

11800492_827582124015986_768441901649185

• Like 3