standin true on wobbly feet and wibbly head

Kendra

Life is bringing opportunitites...

noping my way through.

in the last few days I have not had access to the boards.... and it makes a difference for me in the ease and grace in which I meet  the remaining nicodemon  messages...which are really just my poor ability to cope in healthy ways with BIG FEELINGS.

sometimes rational understanding does not help...when I want to cry, scream and stomp my feet becasue I am hurting emotionally and my previosu go to way of getting by is not an option.

grateful I am not a smoker anymore.    looking forward to finding wyas to be ok, no THRIVE, through adversity vs. this  flailing about and feeling very toddler like in abilities.

scared because many momments the "i should get a pack" thought comes, with its many favorite lie messages...calm, handle yourself better, get through this......  and feel weak.

I got this, right?  need hugs.

• Like 1

One of my favourite quotes I was given ,early in my quit...

It's ok to wobble ...just don't fall over...

Early in our quits we get our junkie brain ,trying to trick us back to buying a pack...

It's what you do with those thoughts.....

Everytime you fight that monster...your winning...

Your stronger than he is...

Keep fighting...

If you can do 19 days you can do anything! It may not always be puppy dogs and rainbows at first, but it's sooo worth it. Stay strong, focused, and be VERY proud of yourself. Take a deep breath and think of all the smoking caused illnesses you no longer are actively inviting. And what a weight of your shoulders that is!

You are doing gReat. It can be tough for sure in the beginning. Hang on. Imagine the over 400 cigarettes you did not smoke in the last month. Eeeuuu. Imagine your new lungs. Have you noticed a better sense of smell or taste yet? If not, this will come very soon.

Life is bringing opportunitites...

noping my way through.

in the last few days I have not had access to the boards.... and it makes a difference for me in the ease and grace in which I meet  the remaining nicodemon  messages...which are really just my poor ability to cope in healthy ways with BIG FEELINGS.

sometimes rational understanding does not help...when I want to cry, scream and stomp my feet becasue I am hurting emotionally and my previosu go to way of getting by is not an option.

grateful I am not a smoker anymore.    looking forward to finding wyas to be ok, no THRIVE, through adversity vs. this  flailing about and feeling very toddler like in abilities.

scared because many momments the "i should get a pack" thought comes, with its many favorite lie messages...calm, handle yourself better, get through this......  and feel weak.

I got this, right?  need hugs.

Hey sweet, I read this and could totally relate it to the beginning of my quit when everything was quite over whelming at times and just hope it's ok to share some tips that helped me? If not please ignore the following :) x

Smoking was our go to in times of trouble, for all sorts of sciency and adicction related reasons which I'm sure you can find better answers to then I could give. But the quickest way I found of dealing with stressful situations and craves was to have a plan, or 3 or 4 plans actually so I could choose which best fit the situation. All of these tips were given by other ex smokers.

Cry/Scream/Punch a pillow - Whatever do it! I once said I'm sure some of the chemicals I'd smoked cuold only be released through my tear ducts! It drove me insane (think stiff upper lip english woman) but the easiest way for those emotions as they came was through them. Whatever you need, when appropriate of course cause wow, not in a school or something lol, do it. Once it's out your system it's easier to move forward.

HALT - Hungry, angry, lonely, tired. We are so used to covering the actual problem with smoking, sometimes it's as simple as you need some water! Also remember you can still "take 5", even if that's to go mutter under your breath about some ignoramus person or to regroup.

Move yourself - Our very clever body had trained our brain to release endorphins upon smoking, to create a feel good factor. We can acheive the same if not better endophin rush from movement or exercise and it's truly amazing once you get going. Walking/joggin. You tube have loads of free sample and whole classes of everything you could think of to try at home. You need to start finding healthy ways to lift your mindset and it will absolutely come anyway in time, but it's so lovely to give it the old kickstart :)

Get a list - Of things to do when a crave or trigger takes you. Can be googling interesting facts, planning how to spend the money you saved this week from smoking, things you need for the house, areas you want to clean/clear - write everything you can think of in one massive list! Then when you need a time out, look at the list, pick something that works for you out of the different physical/mental selections and JUST DO IT. 

Smoking gave us our breathing space. But it also massively dulled our senses, created false senses of calm and I honestly feel I spent literally years kidding myself. I too had to face some pretty big life changes where smoking simply became the tip of the iceberg but I let myself have the quit. What I mean by that is I acknowledged, for the first time really that I really deserved to be free of that controlling factor in my life that was an absolute dictator of where I could go and for how long and with who etc. 

Let this be the first step for you, that you are worth the freedom that will follow sticking with this quit. Sometimes it's about distracting yourself, others it's facing it head on but for sure, you can acheive anything you set your mind too. Also for sure celebrate the milestones and treat yourself as you get further in. Healthy to have a list of things you could spend that money now that you're not literally burning it!!

And hugs....cause sometimes are just rubbish hey (((Kendra))) but then get those bootstraps pulled up and move forward, inch it, plod it or jump it, doesn't matter just keep going and yes, you absolutely can do it!!

x