Recent Quitters

When I was a new quitter I was a bit shy about posting. What I didn't realize at the time is that there is nothing anyone wants to do more than help you with your quit here. This is the place where your quit is super important to us too. We know it's a big deal.

Posting helps, it's a way to release pent up emotions while you are wrapping your head around the fact that yes, you are really taking your life back.

In my experience, the more you post, the more chances of success you will have.

Look around - living proof that you absolutely can beat this. Previous to my quit, the statistics that I'd heard of people successfully quitting made me believe that I would not be in the small percent that could do it.

It's absolute phooey that it can't be done, the ex smoker doesn't make the fat cats in big tobacco any money. A lot of people make a lot of money by making sure smokers believe it's impossible to quit.

You CAN do this. Life is 100x better free from addiction.

• Like 7

So true Ava.  As long as people have no faith in themselves, as long as people believe that it's impossible to quit (and stay quit), then the tobacco companies will bring in their full revenues.  BT has a fairly large stake in brain-washing us to that effect.  Screw them!!!  We're all, every one of us, smarter than our addiction.  Sure, the addiction is beguiling but all we gotta do is never take another puff.  Come hell or high water.  Never take another puff and slowly (surely) we will escape.

Also, the newest people on the board are the most important.   I want to hear from the newest so I can extend my fullest support.

To everyone in their early days - keep going!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Thanks Ava!  

The feelings usually pass before I can put them into words but it's good to know people like you, Bat, Teary and others are here to give me something to think about when I get cravings and stop in to read. I've been quit for almost a week now and it feels great and a lot easier than my last time quitting since I am surrounded by positive people. I told my best friend, with whom I share a smoke every night after work, that I wasn't smoking anymore (around day 3), and his response was laughter followed by "I have no faith in you."  

Thanks for being here guys!

• Like 2

Thanks for putting it out there Ava.  Sometimes I am not sure what is okay to post  or where to put it, so I just kind of hang around the edges, chime in and try to support (listen, acknowledge, validate)  folks that are clearly in some kind of struggle.

Not much online experience or knowleldge of the forum etiquette, and I am learning.

Dirty130 - I too have people in my life that surely do not have faith in my ability to take back and remain free from tobacco and nicotine.  

I choose to believe I can. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE.

Thanks you to the "regular posting" people here...you all give the site  fluency, consistency, humor and hope and thanks to the many new folks here... we give hope, too, by sharing our journey and growing together......

FREEDOM,  ahhh ... relief. :D

• Like 3

YUP I stick with NOPE, no matter what.... no mess in your life justifies a puff, don't start argueing with your junkie, just say no discussion possible NOPE no matter what! Okay, someone elses turn :D

• Like 2

Thanks Ava!  

The feelings usually pass before I can put them into words but it's good to know people like you, Bat, Teary and others are here to give me something to think about when I get cravings and stop in to read. I've been quit for almost a week now and it feels great and a lot easier than my last time quitting since I am surrounded by positive people. I told my best friend, with whom I share a smoke every night after work, that I wasn't smoking anymore (around day 3), and his response was laughter followed by "I have no faith in you."  

Thanks for being here guys!

Did you say "BEST friend"???? I hope you meant to type "I have faith in you"....

I HAVE FAITH IN YOU, Dirty130!!!

• Like 2