Prices.

They should hike the tax up 1000%

Just make it so expensive that everyone has to quit! 

Actually, I don't agree with that... I believe that "big brother" doesn't have the right to tell anyone what 'poison' to ingest...

It's not stopping 'addicts'... (if I add up the amount I've spent on cigis in the past 7 years, I could have bought a brand new car +)

it's just ensuring they 'go without necessities! or their kids/family do!

No, government taxing is hypocritical!!! If they REALLY wanted to do the 'right thing'... they'd close down tobacconists and anyone else selling them!! 

Just my opinion!

• Like 1

Just to 'explain' my previous post......

A few months ago, I woke at 3am... (wont go in to the whys and wherefores) and hadn't smoked for a day or two prior, so didn't have any cigis, thinking the night before, "I'll wait till I wake"... Coles/Woolies etc open at 6am...

There is a Coles a bit further away, nearer the city, opens at midnight, but I didn't have a lot of PETROL...

Anyway... the ADDICTION was SO bad, I couldn't stop pacing!!! yes! PACING! so threw on some clothes and drove to the 24/7 service station not far away, and paid $29.75 for a packet of cigis that would have cost $24.50 at Coles IF I waited!

How STUPID is that????  Why didn't I reach for my puffer? why didn't I just go back to bed?

But no!! I AM AN ADDICT!!!

Thank GOD I'm free!!!  I fought that addiction... didn't happen straight away! but like you, I was DETERMINED this time...

My point?  that morning, I would have paid double the price! and gone without something else.. probably food again!

(hope this isn't in the wrong thread... :huh: )

I'm with you Ria - - when it comes to addiction people will give up their homes, families, cars, etc.  Cigarettes are no different.  An addiction is an addiction and no matter what the cost an active addict will find the product and be wiling to pay.  

• Like 1