Day 6 getting too emotional

Hi Juan well done on day 6, yes it is an emotional roller coaster that you are going through and its completely normal, hold on and get through this is not called hell week for nothing!  Remember your quitting because you  no longer want to smoke, You can do this you've made it this far and its fantastic do not give up, each day makes your stronger, 

• Like 2

crying is not just for girls! week one is emotional and healing and this is an outlet

let it flow Juan let it go and feel better afterwards - its all part of the journey 

PS you will make it through hell week - take charge Juan you can and will do this just hang onto the rope and keep to NOPE

you got this and we got you xx

• Like 2

Real men DO cry, Juan....so go ahead, it's liberating....bawl away! I went through the same thing, I know what you're saying. I turned into an absolute CHAMPION cryer for MONTHS after I first quit...

Still better than smoking, right? :) :D

• Like 3

There were a few times I put on the gloves and hit the heavy bag, go to the gym if you can Juan,

get it out however you have to right?

See, even Tevez is emotional.

If you aren't emotional about something you feel nothing, and feeling nothing is like being dead.

• Like 4

I'm with Marcus.  Go to the gym & workout.  You will then become stronger both physically and mentally!   If you can't go to the gym, do a few abdominal exercises & some squats & lunges.  

Get through this.  You can.  Stay strong, Juan.  Don't smoke.  

Go into chat.  Keep posting.  Don't smoke.

• Like 3

I'm with Marcus.  Go to the gym & workout.  You will then become stronger both physically and mentally!   If you can't go to the gym, do a few abdominal exercises & some squats & lunges.  

Get through this.  You can.  Stay strong, Juan.  Don't smoke.  

Go into chat.  Keep posting.  Don't smoke.

I will go to gym on monday, tomorrow ill try do some jogging, don't worry i won't smoke i just needed to vent a little

• Like 3

Going with Allen Carr's wisdom, we can get emotional because, when we were smokers, we'd have stress at the same time of almost constantly being in withdrawal.

So we smoked, and the withdrawal was temporary relieved.  Our brains clumped that withdrawal relief with stress relief.  Weaved the two feelings together in our minds.

But one really had nothing to do with the other.

The good news is, all this is soooo temporary.  If we can do it, you can do it too. 

Sending good vibes your way Juan.  I know you are stronger than this!

• Like 3

I agree with Markus....go outside go for a run or a brisk walk...get your mind of it. Exercise and if you have one around....go hit the bag it's fun! I bought me  punching bag around week 3 and I am having a ball! If I would be younger I would sign up for boxing lessons ...that's a killer training!

• Like 2

If you have to cry then cry, you will feel better after and get a punch bag and punch the life out of it.

On the plus side you are getting to feel a little bit like us women when we are pregnant/hormonal and cry at the drop of a hat so now you can say you know how we feel;)

This will pass very soon hun I promise then it is like a cloud lifting and the quitting process starts to get alot easier,

You really don't want Sarge taking your first Stripe back so go cry your little heart out in the shower and get it out of your system and have a little nap and will be better,

Take care of yourself

Sue x

Juan, just go with it.  Don't fight it. 

You are doing so good.  Do you know how many times you woke up and said "I'm gonna quit today" and didn't make it even one day. 

You are at a week !!! 

And your body is healing.  Let it process what it's doing and let it heal. 

Keep going.  We have your back on this and you are doing awesome.