Train Train- Bat answers questions

bakon

What does the conductor do on a freight train? Nobody to yell All aboard to?

The conductor is the grade indicator. If his head falls forward when he's asleep I know the train is going down hill. If it falls back I know we are going up hill  :P

• Like 1

Do you have to keep your hand on a button to move?

No, but I have to hit a button (alerter button) every minute or so or the train will stop. It's there in case the engineer falls asleep or becomes incapacitated and it sounds a warning if you haven't pushed it before it stops the train.

Whysa rail always delivering the freight late and making me look bad to my customers?

I certainly feel your pain as I'm sitting on a train for hours waiting for a signal to go  :wacko:

Only the gods who press the buttons that give trains the red and green signals to stop or go can answer that question. 

Do people still jump the train for a free ride?  How do you handle those situations?  Do you use car seals?

Quite frequently, but most of the time we never see them. It's mostly the college age hipster crowd backpacking (hobo-ing) across the country.

We let bakon handle those situations  :)

Yes we have seals.

Warning: Do not under any circumstance ever hop a train for a ride. It is extremely, extremely dangerous. I've seen what can happen when someone is run over by a train. The train wins every time and it's not pretty.

• Like 2