Smoking is weird

cpk

When I first quit smoking (almost five months ago) I missed the smoke I would have before doing a task or going out, and the reward smoke after completing a task.

Today I realized these triggers are completely gone.

I cannot believe I lived by punctuating every action with a smoke.

Was there a certain situation in which you had to have a smoke that now you think is really weird?

• Like 1

I "had" to smoke straight after sport , exercise ... Yep work out hard and then breathe in poisons ... Go figure !! :-)

Pippa!  I did the same thing (and I thought I was one of the only ones).  After completing a basketball practice (with suicides and endless other cardio drills) I would rush to my car and light up.  And before games?  I'd smoke as many as I could before I would be stuck in the bus and driving long distances.  Actually, it took awhile to clear that trigger - the exercise trigger.  Always a smoke was my reward for working out!  WEIRD!

pretty much- especially the coffee one,,,

now- I just take three times as long to get going-- I don't care,, it is what it is,, maybe I live longer living in 3 rd gear instead of overdrive???

• Like 1

8.25 a.m. in the morning on school days, because I could have my coffee and cig, then at 8.30 it was time to get my son ready for school. bizarre but if I missed my 8.25 slot, OMG grrrr I felt I couldnt function lol and my 10.50 last one of the night prior to going to bed..................

The 1st one in the morning with my coffee!!!!!!    STILL miss that, briefly... going out on to the balc... but now it's ROOLY cold and wintery, there's not as much to miss... if that makes sense?

Also, the 'reward' thing after I've been busy or whatever..... But it's getting less and less.... THIS morning, I nearly didn't pour my coffee lol!!!

That used to be the FIRST thing I did! (after loo, teeth etc)...

LOVE this forum! :P

Just had another thought, ... CPK.... and all those who added "stress"   (what's that anyway??? isn't life full of it?)

Anyway, my lappy, Vista,  is temporarily 'stuffed',  I'm using a ROOLY old duck, XP,  and got a new 1 yesterday 8.1.... (like learning a new language!)

After every hour or so of boss-eyed frustration, (I too am an old duck, but busting to learn)       I think....

"I'll just have a break on the balcony with a cigi and coffee/tea/whatever"!!! LOL... it's momentary..... but in all my 'prior attempts'

after a while, (as much as 3 or 4 days at times) I'd weaken, and drive to buy some....

This time, I'd made up my mind while I STILL HAD a few in a pack, left them for a day or two, then scrunched the pack prior to going out,

and haven't looked back!!

What's weird for me, is that I'm not following the time... like I have to keep looking at the calendar to remember how many days it's been...???

I'm trying to fool myself into believing I've been "quit" for 10 years.... and all those 'weaknessess' weren't "serious".... but it's not true!

I WAS hooked! 

So.... do I need a shrink????? :lol: :lol: :lol: