The Chimp Paradox, The Mind Management Programme.

sharonsiff

Hey Sharon. Read 6 and some of 7. My version is electronic, so don't have page numbers!

Hmmm...Snow White mindset...Alpha Wolf...some discomfort in the Bandit household.... :)

Oh I know....Alpha Wolf, otherwise known as my dad my end..lol

I really am finding this info just fascinating. I have gone back to chapter 3 my end, need to re read as my mind struggles to remember and retain.

You know one of my daughters, the athlete, has Alpha wolf tendencies....sos!....onwards and upwards.

I am so pleased for my friend. She has 'untold' thoughts and beliefs that are making her so poorly, both mentally and physically. I was talking to her about this book today, she did a google search and saw her snooker hero 'Ronnie O Sullivan' had wrote a review.

She had a mini omg...this must be brliiant, excited wiggle your bum and dance moment, then hit purchase. I am over the moon for her. I have told her there is self work to do too but it's almost enjoyable self work.

I had to giggle though...if it's good enough for her snooker hero is good enough for her...love it...lol ;)

• Like 1

I'm finally caught up on the conversation. Sharon....I love this book so far. I'm only at chapter 2 but getting some reading in now.

Just discovered I have a very healthy chimp. Ahem. ;)

I understand....rofl...;)

I love this book so much Babs. Lee has started to read bits and pieces over the last few days too....it all helps ;)

Still laughing ;)

• Like 1

A lot of fun. I can't comment on the physiological side..blood flows and the like.

The behavioural stuff, there is nothing new there at all. That said, we have been knocking around on the planet a long time.

I did really enjoy the whole visual paradigm. Both the planets and brains imagery creates a simplicity that really helped me understand the concepts being put across.

Really thought provoking.

• Like 1

Is this book really worth buying ?  y'all have peaked my interest........

I would say Yes. I have not found the book life changing, but it does provide an interesting framework and helped me understand in a slightly different way. So - I have learnt things, enjoyed the book and will dip into it again I think. 

Interested to hear what the others think..

• Like 2

Is this book really worth buying ?  y'all have peaked my interest........

I would say yes, and for me it has been life changing tbh. I feel far more comfortable in my thinking, understand myself a hell of a lot more. My husband and teenage daughter are reading it too....I'm a fan for sure.

I would say yes, and for me it has been life changing tbh. I feel far more comfortable in my thinking, understand myself a hell of a lot more. My husband and teenage daughter are reading it too....I'm a fan for sure.

Sharon - SP was just on the BBC. He is in Ronnie's dressing room at the moment trying to turn him round...

• Like 1

Just got in, read this, turned on the tv. Missed the dressing room coverage :(

Fingers crossed SP will have got Ronnie in the right frame of mind.

did you listen to Ronnie's losers speech? Definitie evidence of Mr P there.

Ronnie reconciled that he did his best...

• Like 1