New season...New experiences

Melody

It's patio weather time and last night was my first experience hanging outside with the neighbors, having drinks and hanging around a few smokers. This was also the first time I have been around my husband smoking since I quit (he is true social smoker who can smoke for a night and then stop for days, weeks or months). It realy wasn't a big deal, no major craves and being outside I wasn't assaulted with the smell. I've been worried about this for a while now, leaving my bubble that winter provided. I knew i wouldn't smoke, that i can control, I was worried about the craves and urges that might arise and they didnt. Feels good to check this milestone off the list of newbie experiences! Today should be good, I'm gonna start planting and cleaning up my pots for the flowers and another bbq later on. Love spring time!

• Like 8

Awesome job Melody! I understand that fear all too well. When I started hanging around smokers again (I avoided them for a while), it wasn't so bad. Actually, the smell repulsed me, which helped! I think once you feel secure in your quit, the cravings/urges aren't as intense or as often. You knew there was no way you were going to smoke, which is a fantastic mindset to have when hanging around smokers.

• Like 2

Melody, you'll be 5 months smoke-free very soon... and I love hearing how you're doing... it sounds like you've been doing a lot of worrying over nothing, huh? lol

Don't let fear get to you... start embracing any craves that you think might be on the horizon... tell the ugly cig where it can go before it has a chance to even think... it will put you in the mind-set that you won't smoke no matter what.  You're a winner!  yeah.gif