Quality time with the Granddaughter.. :)

joe

Today was a pretty good day here...mostly sunny and warm, though they were calling for an afternoon shower (that never happened  :)  ) ..So I called my oldest granddaughter,Janelle,  up and made plans to spend the day "working" on her "new to her" car.

I took her to her drivers exam 2 weeks ago, and she passed with flying colors!! :yu: :yahoo:

After her exam, we were kinda wasting time and happened across a car for sale that I thought would be a decent car for her....so...we bought her first car the same day she got her drivers license ....

We worked out a payment plan ..  :rolleyes:

anyhow, today we spent a few hours going over the car. It really didnt hold any surprises..except the battery went dead sitting a few days in my driveway...so...off to the parts store for a new battery, and the stuff for an oil change, and also i wanted to put new brakes on it. There was no indication they were bad, I just feel better knowing that they are completely gone through.(turns out the pads had about 25% of life left, so Im glad I did it now)...anyhow...the car is now mechanically sound and next week, she is coming back and we will proceed to completely detail it...inside and out.

By next week, everything should be in place for her to start driving it..She is learning what all goes into just putting a car on the road...transferring the title,taxes...registration,...insurance....and thenm of course,any needed repairs...I told her these first repairs were on me, but to be prepaired....maintaining a car is expensive...even more for a used one...lots of parts are already worn out...lol....

anyway, here is a pic of the car after a I pulled it out of the garage today....it will be shinier next week... :huh:

11390222_1109635972386562_59029710189471

• Like 7

Dodge?

Yep...2004 Chrysler Sebring Limited..

I wish I could have found a descent Fusion....or any Ford, in my price range... My wife has a 2014 Fusion and loves it..

Most cars I was looking at in the price range I had to work with were already pretty well used up..I think this one has a few miles and a couple years left in it.

Watch motor on that one. Not many left on road. Some little screen gets clogged and oil stops moving. Intrepid had same problem. Smaller of two motors available I believe.

Watch motor on that one. Not many left on road. Some little screen gets clogged and oil stops moving. Intrepid had same problem. Smaller of two motors available I believe.

It's got the 3.0 six... Everything I read says the 2.7 six is the one to avoid...you are right, it's an oiling issue with them, and that's why not many left on the road. I used that to get the guy down on his price...initial asking price was full on KBB exellant condition car.... I got it for about 1/3 that price... I feel for what I paid she will get some trouble free miles out of it. I am pretty sure it won't be the car she takes off to college, but will get her through high school.