im doung my own head iiiinnn

laura

Markus this is a beautiful succsess story about your father.

I have been offered a job at our local hospital and refuse to go there being a smoker,the ward i have been given is for people suffering from tumors. I want to be able to try and help these people without thinking about smoking.

• Like 2

Laura you will WANT to be a non smoker working in a hospital on a floor with these unfortunate people. Some of these people will be Smokers. How wonderful to be able to help them with quitting if they wish to quit. My 55 yr old brother just could not quit. 5 years before he was diagnosed with a lung tumor the Docs said he had to quit smoking. I wish I had known about this Train so I could have got him the help he needed back then.

• Like 1

I am hoping this is it i cant go through this anymore i can feel smoking is killing me now so i am ready to get healthy, i am going power walking later im not going to diet straight away as i think it will just be to much.☺

• Like 2

Laura forget the dieting for now. I have gained about 12 lbs & have never been on a diet in my life but I knew I was going to gain & I knew I would not be able to do anything about it initially. I bought new pants instead lol! My treat to me was not squishing into tight pants! Anyway, eating healthy will help....exercise where we can manage it is very helpful....but not smoking is the number one goal here ☺

• Like 2

Try to enjoy the suk....make it the last time...know that the suk is what makes the payoff so good....sounds backwards but the attitude sets the difficulty of the quit...if you turn the thoughts around to where you look at any trouble or pangs of pain as growth, as something good, like the old no pain no gain weight lifting struggle, where the negative feeling is making a better life...then when you feel those urges, irritations or pangs, you know its your body adjusting and getting better. Pain is the healing right now...its the body pushing the bad crap out and it wanting to hold on or come back but it cant get in....

Sgt said EMBRACE the Suk....Ride it, use it to your advantage

• Like 2

Why are my messages not coming through?! 

Laura, you have this covered. You will make it now because you finally believe in yourself. Goodness, Ihope this post makes it as I think my computer may be up the swanney! x

• Like 2

Markus this is a beautiful succsess story about your father.

I have been offered a job at our local hospital and refuse to go there being a smoker,the ward i have been given is for people suffering from tumors. I want to be able to try and help these people without thinking about smoking.

Yes, thank you, he is passing his goals, by Friday he has to do 150 feet. Or he goes to more skilled nursing. I told him to push it and do 175 or 200 and he could walk right out of there.

You have a job offer? Awesome, do it! If you could help those people that would be great! I have met a lot of really great people who are care givers. If this is what it takes to move you in that direction, then let it sweep you along...gotta love that inspiration, that's most of your battle won ;)

xx

• Like 2

Laura, you have this covered. You will make it now because you finally believe in yourself. Goodness, Ihope this post makes it as I think my computer may be up the swanney! x

You can't receive any messages Marti...hello...why is that?

• Like 1

Laura, you have this covered. You will make it now because you finally believe in yourself. Goodnes

s, Ihope this post makes it as I think my computer may be up the swanney! x

Marti you are here! Always great advice too!

• Like 1

Howdy - is this a private convo or can anyone join in:-)

Laura - so happy to see you back BUT you are back - so definately think a new reply to you SOS is in order .... New start, new response ... Just say'n :-).

Oh. And remember Marti is super special ... But the rest of us are here if you need us as well :-)

• Like 1

Thankyou pippa i am very grateful for the support from all of you x

I will do a new sos as soon as i have a laptop maybe the weekend as trying to do anything on my phone is a bit of a nightmare lol

• Like 1

Alrighty - so in the interim that means you can't smoke !! So what are you planning instead ?? I know for me - it was exercise, eating my body weight in licorice and posting on boards like this ( did someone say non smoking cats ?? ) xx

Yep posting every day worked for me ! Power walking sounds fantastic :-). Oh and for non smoking cats, dogs etc walk over to the social thread .. Pictures that made me laugh :-). And as a social announcement have you played the games ?? Xx

Very valid points by Pippa, I played the games at home when there was smoking here - it kept me in touch with the boards and helped me to distract myself. I think I played chicks and sticks solid for about two months as it was the only game I understood lol.  

Half the time it's boredom that prompts a thought, so filling the boredom kinda helps. xx