Wobbles Ahead?

cpk

the addiction is the same in all of us but each of our quits are different.

Just the word "wobble" alone has a different meaning for everyone too. It could of mean "wobble" as in "I think I might smoke" to "I'm not going to smoke, but I'm feeling a bit shaky"

Some people wobble frequently and some never wobble (sarge, bakon)

In my opinion they are not inevitable for everyone.

bakon didn't wobble cuz he followed nope. he thought about smoking? or missed it?- NOPE. bakon was past ever smoking again by day three. bakon wasn't done quiting, he had a long road but he knew he was done smoking. that mindset helped. he had to break habits and learn new ways to go through the day, he had to get past all the triggers and routine 35+ years of smoking, starting at age 14 daily and by age 17 a pack a day, bakon even learned to talk like sgt to post this one, but doubt many here remember third party sgt

• Like 7

Is this in response to my other comment?  What I meant by that was nothing to fear but perhaps I could have explained better.

For me, I had wobbles and I define them as times when even though my quit was secure I would have strong desires to smoke. To be clear I knew I wouldn't and couldn't but it happened when I went on holiday, when I went christmas shopping (?), when I had an operation and after big emotional arguments. It felt like an internal debate, except I knew I could win the fight. I personally think if you let these feelings run you start to wander in romancing the smoke territory, again from my experience. 

Then there's others who are just toughies! They kinda strut their Nope, look left - nope that down, look right, nope, none for you...golden again, keep marching etc. 

None is right or wrong it just took me a little by surprise is all and others felt the same too. Some didn't though so all good 

x

• Like 3

Thank you, beacon. None of us are the perfect snowflake with the perfect quit. For those demi-gods who never wobbled, maybe there should be a special heaven realm forum.

These other comments have helped me feel okay about how my wobbles manifest...mostly in the form of anxiety. I so often forget how LONG I was a smoker, and how deeply it had become part of the fabric of my life. For me, I think I've now discovered, a wobble means I just feel, at times, delivered to new lows in my quit, with feelings of despair, negative thoughts, crying, and praying. Other issues have surfaced that were masked by smoking.

That I am a spiritual being having a HUMAN EXPERIENCE is going to be my new response to my own form of wobbles. That's a good prayer in going forward.

• Like 1

Is this in response to my other comment?  What I meant by that was nothing to fear but perhaps I could have explained better.

For me, I had wobbles and I define them as times when even though my quit was secure I would have strong desires to smoke. To be clear I knew I wouldn't and couldn't but it happened when I went on holiday, when I went christmas shopping (?), when I had an operation and after big emotional arguments. It felt like an internal debate, except I knew I could win the fight. I personally think if you let these feelings run you start to wander in romancing the smoke territory, again from my experience. 

Then there's others who are just toughies! They kinda strut their Nope, look left - nope that down, look right, nope, none for you...golden again, keep marching etc. 

None is right or wrong it just took me a little by surprise is all and others felt the same too. Some didn't though so all good 

x

these additional words helped -  thank you - please see my response to thread - this was all very helpful and has set my mind at ease a bit

bakon didn't wobble cuz he followed nope. he thought about smoking? or missed it?- NOPE. bakon was past ever smoking again by day three. bakon wasn't done quiting, he had a long road but he knew he was done smoking. that mindset helped. he had to break habits and learn new ways to go through the day, he had to get past all the triggers and routine 35+ years of smoking, starting at age 14 daily and by age 17 a pack a day, bakon even learned to talk like sgt to post this one, but doubt many here remember third party sgt

The Nance remembers and respects the Sarge and the Bakon...and is thankful for their leadership...Salutes and thanks to both.

• Like 2

Wobble.

Healthy eating, a bit more exercise and

I wobble less now.  :D

Thinking about smoking. Reminiscing about smoking. Fancying a cigarette.

Inevitable consequences of YEARS of training ourselves to smoke. 

The Sarge and his footnotes were all about combatting these wobbles with a firm definitive mindset and commitment.

They helped me.

• Like 1