All by Myself

JackiMac

Okay I have a confession......................since Wednesday my partner and my youngest son have been away at the Gadget Show in Birmingham.......my oldest son has been working as have I, I am ashamed to say that the very first thought that crossed my mind on Wednesday afternoon was I'm on my own, no=one will know, I could have a cigarette and no-one will know.  I was so very very tempted BUT I sat down, I logged on here and I read what all my fellow quitters were doing, how they were dealing with their quits, their emotions I laughed at the stories, I cried at some, I hoped that some of the posts that I replied to I helped in some way and I did not give into that addictive thought, I did not smoke a cigarette, I have been struggling and I have received the most amazing support from everyone here. So I could have had that "no-one will know " Cigarette, but I did not.  So as I sit here all by myself, a proud non-smoker, someone who has met some wonderful people online over the last 2 months plus, I feel blessed.........................Thank you................

• Like 13

well done jackie and you know you would have only of cheated yourself out of that nearly 3 months beautiful quit of yours - I hope you treat yourself to something special and the boys dont come back with too many toys lol

• Like 6

You are so awesome Jackie! I am so glad you are here.

This board helps in so many ways, it's amazing isn't it? You didn't give in...you are a proud non smoker..that's all that matters :-)

And you are honest...I  like honest people :-)

• Like 4

Ah well done, soo proud, I was the same last month when hubby had to go to Israel for a week for work and I was worried how I would cope without smoking cos I would normally smoke loads when he went away but I didn't even though I had a few moments, I got through it and was still a non smoker when he came home,

I am soo happy you didn't smoke, you would have felt worse after it x

• Like 1

Okay I have a confession......................since Wednesday my partner and my youngest son have been away at the Gadget Show in Birmingham.......my oldest son has been working as have I, I am ashamed to say that the very first thought that crossed my mind on Wednesday afternoon was I'm on my own, no=one will know, I could have a cigarette and no-one will know.  I was so very very tempted BUT I sat down, I logged on here and I read what all my fellow quitters were doing, how they were dealing with their quits, their emotions I laughed at the stories, I cried at some, I hoped that some of the posts that I replied to I helped in some way and I did not give into that addictive thought, I did not smoke a cigarette, I have been struggling and I have received the most amazing support from everyone here. So I could have had that "no-one will know " Cigarette, but I did not.  So as I sit here all by myself, a proud non-smoker, someone who has met some wonderful people online over the last 2 months plus, I feel blessed.........................Thank you................

What is wrong in this statement is: I'm on my own, no one will know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is ALWAYS someone who will know...........YOU will ALWAYS know!!!!! No matter how hard your try....YOU will never be able to escape, nor lie, to YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

I remember feeling that way....nobody will know. But I'll know. And if I had that 1 cigarette...then what? 20 minutes later I'll want another. (After feeling like total crap about myself). Then to have to come back to the board and confess that I smoked. No thank you.

Addiction to the board...that's another story. Haha. When my husband would go out to smoke..I would jump on the forum. :)

• Like 3

You did wonderful :) Your in this to the end! I had a similar experience a week or so in my quit. Went to let the dog out at night and there sat my husband's cigs with a lighter right on top. It was dark, I was alone....that moment made me stronger. Five months later and I can pick the hubbies cigs up and put them away and not care. I think it's something about facing your fears, concuring them head on and moving on :)

• Like 2

Wonderful, Jackie!  You did great protecting your quit....and you would have hated yourself...even if no one knew, and even if you somehow managed to smoke just one.  You are doing great!!

• Like 2

Okay I have a confession......................since Wednesday my partner and my youngest son have been away at the Gadget Show in Birmingham.......my oldest son has been working as have I, I am ashamed to say that the very first thought that crossed my mind on Wednesday afternoon was I'm on my own, no=one will know, I could have a cigarette and no-one will know. I was so very very tempted BUT I sat down, I logged on here and I read what all my fellow quitters were doing, how they were dealing with their quits, their emotions I laughed at the stories, I cried at some, I hoped that some of the posts that I replied to I helped in some way and I did not give into that addictive thought, I did not smoke a cigarette, I have been struggling and I have received the most amazing support from everyone here. So I could have had that "no-one will know " Cigarette, but I did not. So as I sit here all by myself, a proud non-smoker, someone who has met some wonderful people online over the last 2 months plus, I feel blessed.........................Thank you................

I'm SO happy that you did not smoke! You are awesome. And no one will know? The most important person in the quit would know...and that is you. It is far worse for you to know since you would have to live with the guilt and disappointment. So happy you did not. :)

• Like 2

Jackie, what you just said is getting "real with yourself"... you are at a point in your quit that the craves are less often so when we do have that thought, like you did (who will know???), that's a make-and-break moment.  You won!  Be very proud of yourself because you came out of this like a 5-star hotel in the Bahamas: marvelous!!!

And you know what?  You're discovering the biggest secret that none of us realize we're doing until we look back:  You crave?  Heck, go support other people with their quits... what it does is make your quit stronger because you realize you are not alone, you can do this!

Rain smily.gif

• Like 3

Hey Jackie,

Congrats on not caving! I know how difficult it is to resist that "just one" thought that crosses our minds when we're alone. This shows how truly committed you are to your quit and how essential it is to have a good support system.

So proud of you! :) You did wonderfully. 

• Like 1