It was very close

I made it to the train. I wasnt going to make it. I was planning to buy a single cigar at 7-11. Even as I read a heartbreaking story about a woman who died at age 39 leaving behind an 11 year old daughter. I was going to smoke. I made it past the 7-11 though. Dunno how. I am better now. Walked behind a woman smoking and breathed it in then wondered if that counted as a relapse lol. Considered asking her for one but didnt. Gonna stay closecto the board today.

Hows everyone else doing?

• Like 6

You say you were close to relapsing but I don't think so....you're stronger than you know. 

Just keep remembering....1 smoke will not satisfy the addiction.  20 min later...you want another.  Whereas now...8 days clean...there are strong moments where you crave and/or triggered but I'm betting it's not every 20 minutes like when you were smoking.  I'm guessing maybe 1 per hour and that's probably overestimating.  Next week maybe it will be...every 3 or 4 hours....the next week maybe you will have a bad day and you are triggered left and right....followed by a great day of maybe 1 crave all day!  That's how it works..the roller coaster...but definitely  DEFINITELY not nearly as bad as when you are giving in to those cravings and lighting up.  Because that addiction is never satisfied. 

• Like 3

Michelle you had thd strength to say Nope. That's what counts. Soon you won't have those nasty craves & if you do they get shorter...believe me. Time....everything worth having takes time & that includes your Quit.

• Like 1

Every time you're tempted but don't smoke..you grow stronger. Your quit box grows and so does your confidence. Get some techniques in place for when you crave if that will help, carry gum or mints or whatever. Take a different route. Whatever works is my motto :)  However I agree, you didn't smoke. xx

• Like 1

Michelle you have just shown how strong you can be so I know that you can do this :-). Craves are normal early on - you just need to acknowledge them and then let them go .... Great job on ignoring that urge and recognising that you need to stay close to the board :-)

You need to start working on flipping your thinking.

Perhaps try telling yourself you do not want to smoke, going with the positive reinforcement or fake it till you make it.. It will make it easier for you when you can do that.

Acknowledge you have a trigger, because hey we smoked for years so of course we do but it's only a thought association, it has no power! What it is doing is simply reminding you that you used to smoke at this time/in this circumstance/in this scenario. So an inner monologue of "yes I did but now I don't want to smoke anymore, or I don't want to smoke today" will honestly be better for you. The other thinking of god I wanna smoke SOOO bad but I won't, leaves you in a weaker place, trust me. x

Also some days are just bad days and in reverse, some days are much easier. x

• Like 2