My ode to today...My Hardest Day So Far

If you consistently want to not smoke more than you want to smoke you will secure your quit. The strong quit is the smart quit. The smart quit is to know that your reasons for quitting and staying quit far outweigh your cravings and triggers. You are in charge of your quit.

• Like 2

I was really starting to think I wasn't going to make it.

If I can do a week, i can do two.

If I can do two weeks, I can do a month.

If I can do a month, I can do a year.

I never have to smoke again, even if I want to....none of us do!!!

Yep - that pretty much sums it up ... You have basically done your week and you have proved to both yourself and us that you are committed to not smoking - so I know you can do it :-)

• Like 1

Just answered you seperately but will add to this one. Try and focus on today for a while. Of course you are right, quits gain time but to start they are won by hours and day by day. To think too big seems to over whelm many.

Be vigilant/smart, to things that can trip you up and by all means do some preparing for that, good times! Get gum, or water bottles or walking shoes etc. Make sure you treat yourself as you go, especially with something you can see!! Ie someone bought a room scent and I copied that, every time I smelt it I remembered :)  Scents and visual treats...and snacks lol. 

Doing brilliant. xx

• Like 1

cpk I was going to say that today I had serious doubts if I wanted to quit more than I wanted to smoke, but since I didn't....I read and posted and called my sponsor, etc....I suppose I DID want to quit more than I wanted to smoke.

Yay, Me.

I think we were all a little surprised and relieved when we realized we were asking for support rather than caving in and smoking!! Brilliant, that's how quits are won and why support forums exist. Much cheerleading my end at your success!! xx

• Like 1

On any given day you only have to be at least 51% sure you don't want to smoke to keep your quit secure. So do whatever you can't to tip things even 1% more than 50% in favor of quitting. That edge makes all the difference in the world...

• Like 1

One day at as time Michelle. It's so overwhelming to think beyond. My mantra everyday when I got up was "I don't smoke". Things to fill the gap are important...for me chewing gum worked well. Yup!y morning coffee (1cup) and my chewing gum lol...strong flavours work well! You can do this! Once you get to a certain point you won"t feel the craves as strongly or as often. And you have to want this: Michelle doesn't smoke anymore. We are there for you every step of the way. Xxxx