Living with emphysema....

Doreen,

Makes me sad to read about this again but also makes me PROUD to know such an amazing lady who can still play it forward with everything going on around you! You are an inspiration to me and the QUIT TRAIN!

Positive thoughts are always heading your way! 

• Like 2

My thoughts are often with you dear Doreen. You are always so kind & thoughtful with a ready hand to help others. I know how much you would have helped your Tony if only he had been able to overcome the addiction. You are a special woman. So glad you have your smoke free home now :) But very sorry Tony is going through such a tough time.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

I posted this two years ago..

Tony was actually too sick to have some of his lung removed..where is he at today...

Housebound..

Full time carers

Respite care

Unable to do even the simplest task...

You sure you want to throw away your quit..?????????????

• Like 1

Thanks Doreen. It's the denial that is almost impossible to remove from people's minds. It will only happen to someone else, not me.

As you have said before, if even one person is persuaded to keep their quit and avoid this fate, it is worth telling your painful story again and again. Unfortunately, there's no do-overs in life. We have to live with the choices we make whether good or bad.

Nurture and guard your quits as if your life depends on it because, it probably does!

• Like 1

We both smoked all our adult life..so in reality it could have been me..but what if...

You smoked and your partner didn't..???????

All your dreams of having a nice retirement together is now a thing of the past..

Your other half can not do all those things either..?

They have to spend all their time caring for your needs..you both become housebound..

No Quit while your ahead..that way you know for sure ..you have happy days ahead...x

• Like 1