3 weeks today

Ricki M

Three weeks today.  I thought it was over the worse but I have to say this week wasn't as easy as I thought it was going to be.  I thought I had been through the most difficult and I have but the going from the second to the third was a bit more of a challenge.  Maybe because I reduced my antidepressants which I realize wasn't a good idea.  I thought they were causing me more tiredness but I realize now it was just the anxiety from the quit and my body going through the healing processs.  Lessoned learned.  I had my first time dealing with a smoker since I quit and went through that very well.  Today another challenge dealing with it again. I Know I will be okay  Just set a plan in motion and try not to be around it more than I have too.  We are going to a play and they won't be able to smoke in there.  Just grateful for making it this far and thank you everyone here for you support....I will be here for a long time going through the ups and downs of life now that I know I have support to get me through and I don't have to pick up another LIFE THREATENING, sticky icky smelley habit again.

Hugs, Ricki

• Like 9

Congratulations!!  3 Weeks is a big deal Ricki!  I wish you were feeling better but pls trust it WILL get better with each passing day and with each trigger that's knocked flat.  Do something nice for yourself today.  The little treats along the way help keep us moving forward.  And way to go!

• Like 1

Ricki each second that you keep your quit is a second to be proud of, we all travel  this journey differently but its how we deal with our craves, and difficulties that make us who we are and you are doing fantastic stand tall and be so very proud of how far you have come, your emotions will take a rollercoaster of a ride you will have lots of ups and downs, but please remember its all normal, its all part of the healing process, we have put our bodies through some crazy s@@t over the years and that will take time to leave our minds, there is no magic wand to make it better immediately, but you are teaching yourself a very important lesson, you are teaching yourself how important you are in this world and you certainly don't need nicotine to get through the day. xx

It will start to settle in bits and pieces, not the "big finish" we expect, but it happens consistantly so there's better times to come. Agreed, the moods are still shaky as is the tiredness...they level outin different timeframes but do level non the less...agree I wouldn't be messing with the anti depressants for a couple of months so you start to find your "new normals". 

Massive congrats on 3 weeks though, that amazing work!! xx

Great job Ricki! This process is very individual. Just keep your NOPE in site no matter what. Best not to adjust any meds right now....the fatigue affects some of us more than others. The pride of being a non smoker keeps us going! Good for you!