College Breaks are driving me NUTS COLD TURKEY

Im starting to go crazy at college specially during breaks, everyone lits up,

i mean 80 per cents, i can recieve emails in my blackberry, but i dont have internet so i cant post an SOS in the board in those situations.

Its like to be a parts of them you have to lit up... its scary and sad. And stressing...

I needed to vent this out...

Today i talked things out with my mother she forgived me, but she is still hurt about the fight

Glad you talked it out with your mom......as for the breaks try to think of it like they HAVE to smoke you dont, you are not tied down by that demon no more, take pity that the rest of them do not have the ability that you have to quit (or the smarts and common sense). Dont envy them (there is nothing to envy) Dont romanticize them and focus on you and not them. You can do this and it does get easier as time goes by. Trust me on this!!!

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

If you are not comfortable at this point in your quit hanging around smokers while they are smoking I understand since your quit is new.  But what a great time to find something awesome to do instead during break times? its becoming so nice outside.  Spring is here!! yip yip.  Go study under a tree... read a book... call a good friend up or someone you havent talked to in quite a while during your breaks... do some crosswords on a bench soaking up the sunshine.  The possibilities are endless.  they arent really endless for the people smoking... they have to go get their fix.  You don't, how amazing is that??

• Like 1

The girls speak the truth Juan. Your friends don't 'get' to smoke, they 'have' to smoke.

And you know what? You think you are jealous of them because they are smoking? I bet they are 100 times more jealous of you because you aren't smoking (even if they won't admit it).

I would suggest that you do like Rachael says and go for a stroll, find a nice place away from the smokers and relax. Do motley peer pressure have any effect on your quit. You are in control of your quit, and you need to be strong.

• Like 1

Ahh OK, so at least you don't have to resist for too long if the breaks are short. You are on day 4 so you have 0 nicotine in your system now. The last thing you want to do is smoke and reintroduce nicotine into your system. The only way to stop the withdrawals is by not smoking. They will get less and less. I haven't had any urges for weeks - it really does get better and better and better.

You will have good days and bad days, but you expected that anyway. Soon the good days will happen more than the bad. 3 more days and you will be on a week!!

• Like 1

Hi Juan- I remember the stress of "having" to fit a cig into a short break - you are now free from that - stay inside and get to your next class stress free - life is soooo much better that way 3daa4cc69413a4a4fda538b0ecb14120_zps9b10

At the moment the nico-demon is still trying to play mind games with you - telling you that you have to go outside - but you are much stronger than that a- and each day you will get stronger 3daa4cc69413a4a4fda538b0ecb14120_zps9b10

everyone lits up,

i mean 80 per cents

At least you have that 20%.

For The Sarge: 100% of Mrs. Sarges smoke. All the damned time.

And yet he doesn't.

He doesn't.

Don't smoke Juan.

Easy Peasy

• Like 2

Juan, you are abstaining, meaning that you are resisting doing something that you want to do....  That is always hard, and mostly ends in you feeling hard done by, and then giving in.

You must change your mindset to one where you don't want to smoke.  Fuel yourself with affirmations about how good life as a healthy man will be, remind yourself of the cancers that smoking cause, there are a plethora of motivators to use.

when you don't want to smoke, not smoking is easy :-)  I promise you :-)

• Like 2

Juan, you are abstaining, meaning that you are resisting doing something that you want to do....  That is always hard, and mostly ends in you feeling hard done by, and then giving in.

You must change your mindset to one where you don't want to smoke.  Fuel yourself with affirmations about how good life as a healthy man will be, remind yourself of the cancers that smoking cause, there are a plethora of motivators to use.

when you don't want to smoke, not smoking is easy :-)  I promise you :-)

Thanks for that aproach Johnny ill think about it all day tomorrow

Juan, there is so much good advice here. You think you are missing something? Go smoke. There is NOBODY stopping you. However, YOU know there is NOTHING to be gained from just one puff! Those other people on campus, they HAVE to smoke. You now have the freedom of smoking or not. I hope you will always elect to NEVER smoke. If you do smoke, you will be with all those other losers looking back at the people who don't have to smoke wishing you were them.

NOPE!

Keep the quit! Everyone else wants to be EXACTLY where you are.............a NONSMOKER!!!!!!!