A Long Term Quit

Markus

Here are a few ways to get down the road to a long term quit!

(1) This place is a supplement to the tools you should have brought with you before you started your quit. You should be in the process of acquiring tools and tactics for a long term quit and you will learn more here. Treat this place and yourself with respect!

(2) Self-talk is a way to reinforce some of the information you will find here. NOPE and NTAP should become your touchstones. Smoking is evil, it kills!

(3) Walk the walk, get up and move. You've read all of that stuff about what to do, and how to do it. Just do it already!

(4) If item (2) doesn't work, make up what does work and do that. Don't get stuck in someone else's tracks that lead you nowhere, be original, because what works for them may not be for you!   

Some things to think about;

(a) It isn't rocket science. Anyone can do it!

(b ) You are an addict and you have an addiction. And, now that you realize that fact, it's time to lose it before it kills you! (It kills slowly, as you well know).

(c ) You chose your addiction just as you chose to quit, and it's up to you to find the way out! Coming here was a good first step!

(d) If you haven't talked to a medical professional before you did this, do it ASAP. They can and they will help you!

(e) If you already quit then make another plan as a backup in case this one doesn't work. Include Item (d). And then make another backup! 

(f) You can quit like people say that they did and fall flat thinking that you are doing what worked for them. Overcome and adapt! See Items (e) and (g).

(g) Its all very personal, and no two quits are the same, although they have similarities. Find your quit friends and help each other through!

(h) Do not under any circumstance ever give up. Overcome and adapt, always! Find a way to do it!

GTQ,

Markus

Stars...

• Like 2

Good post Markus-I remember early on thinking those safely & secure in their quits were so full of sh**. BUT once I embraced all I was told & had read I too found my quit something I could do. Its not always easy or fun BUT when the dots connect you'll be so happy you stayed the course. :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

• Like 7

Building the tool kit is very helpful. Before joined the boards, i had never heard of Allen Carr, or Joel at whyquit. I did not think that I was simply an addict. I looked at each idea as I learned, spent hours reading, examining myself, building up options and tools to fight back the devil inside. I also used the patch for a few months to start because I was scared to go cold turkey.

• Like 2