I need to throw out a rope

Evelyn

Last Sunday we were sitting in the sun and my friends wanted a cigarette I said NOPE and they had a cig but they were like 'oh it's so nice and I enjoy it so much'... this triggered me HAVENT' SMOKED but I have had this huge craving. It just won't go away. What video's can I watch to get the mind back on track. I refuse to give in, Stick with NOPE but I feel this lie from my friend wrapping me in.

So RIGHT NOW I'm unwrapping.

SMOKING KILLS
I CANNOT HAVE 1 THEN IM BACK TO SQUARE 1
SMOKING ISNT FUN OR SOCIAL OR COZY> **** THAT LIE
SMOKING IS NEVER SOCIAL ITS AN ADDICTION AND ITS MY JUNKIE THINKING_ THAT I WANT TO BE SOCIAL SMOKER WHICH CAN NEVER BE STRUE

NOT ONE PUFF EVER!

• Like 6

Hey Evelyn.

Well done resisting. Seasonal triggers. We all get them. Remember, your friend desperately wants to be where you are.

You quit.

You used to smoke. Now you don't.

Triggers will come. You will ignore them. Just like the sun always rises and always sets.

Nice to see a bit of Spring though isn't it?

• Like 3

My whole freaking body screams for a fag and all I can do is sit behind my desk and cry. Do you know where that video from Joel about thinking it will never be okay without cig or something? Does this have to do with fear of success too, yes!

• Like 1

Hope you found the video you were looking for.

Try distracting yourself. Watch ANY VIDEO.

Yeah, maybe something to do with success....

Did you treat yourself to something nice for three months?

Don't be envious of your friends who are still killing them selves slowly sweetheart....

Your too smart for that.....

Read your post to Bakon from yesterday....your a beautiful non smoker....

Of course craves will,still creep in....but you can fight them....

It's still about winning your battles....keep climbing the rope....

Hugs x

"I just want one!"

"NOPE, there's no such thing as one cigarette."

Evelyn, I meant what I said before - your progress has been remarkable! And you know what? It's awesome to see you reacting to a trigger this way, coming here and summoning the reinforcement you deserve. I swear to you, this is very temporary, and you've already won, and when you come back in the morning it will almost seem surreal that you were even tempted.

Try and get some sleep. You're doing great!

• Like 3

You absolutely must treat yourself for three months.

Anything. Favorite food. Cute stuffed animal. Fancy socks!

Funny new coffee cup. Something to mark this time.

Success is not something to be afraid of. It's something

to get used to! :)

Yeah, the hard days suck. Had one myself this week.

But how many good days are there? Those are

adding up, right?

Evelyn, I meant what I said before - your progress has been remarkable! And you know what? It's awesome to see you reacting to a trigger this way, coming here and summoning the reinforcement you deserve. I swear to you, this is very temporary, and you've already won, and when you come back in the morning it will almost seem surreal that you were even tempted.

Try and get some sleep. You're doing great!

Thanks needed this one :D

• Like 1

Evelyn, you have to see this for what it really was...

Your friend, enjoyed that smoke because she was and is a nicotine addict, if truth be told she enjoyed sitting in the sun with a friend(you) and got a FIX, mentally she was probably feeling bad that you had quit and she was justifying herself and was envious of you.

The trouble is you too are an addict and this will always hang on the the smallest of thread to try and pull you back in...

You have over 3 months recovery, nicotine is out of your body, it's all mental from here on in, that ONE you speak of will not be great and you will not get that oooooh moment as it won't ease any nicotine craving all that one will give you is the crave for a thousand, a million more...

As I said it's all mental from here on in, you do not want to go back to that sucky day one, I know you don't, you worked so hard to get to where you are today

These thoughts will pass, sometimes we need a little nudge so watching videos, reading the horrors etc is the nudge you need to move forwards...

Remember smoking is all just a big lie and we don't believe all that crap anymore from big tobacco who want to take our money and don't give a hoot that it kills us.

Kill the romance EVelyn, you are stronger and better off without it, I read it in your posts

WE know you can do this, stop right now the romance, get stomping NOPE, great job in posting and reaching out, that's how do it xx

• Like 2

I'm back on track! Guess what; I focussed soooo much on a cig, so I didn't have to feel the fear of upcoming moving. So I really don't want a cig, I just am scared.

Wow you found the truth :), please don't be scared this is another new beginning, look what you have done in 3 months, you are awesome EVelyn and can do anything x

• Like 1

Well RunFree I'm going to live in a 'protected home-living group' where you get extra support around mental health issues. It's also way closer to my therapy; I'm nr. on the waitinglist and I only have to wait until someone on the groundfloor moves out and I can move in. 
So I'm prepeairing, Have some great help with that!

• Like 1