Redefining my comfort zone

I am having a hard day today.

Everything I needed for today I left in my other car. And I can't go back and get it. So I feel very disorganized. And it seems like my brain won't process ANYTHING.

One of the nurses here was consulting with me and the whole time I'm thinking "will you shut the freak up !!!" I want to be left alone. Hearing people talk is like someone running their fingernails down a chalkboard. I just want to shut em up.

I don't want to smoke. But I don't want to feel like this.

I'm not going to smoke. I just keep thinking how much better I would feel.......it's that just one thought again. But I can't do just one. So I keep visualizing my lungs healing. That's what I am focusing on.

I am happy. Happy that I'm not a smoker anymore. I just have to keep saying that. Until my brain and body get it.

Someone said to me once "your an experienced quitter". No I'm not. I'm an experienced failure. This time let's really get some experience at quitting and stay quit. Go through this. Do whatever it takes, but go through it.

• Like 3

Feelings are temporary.

It was always so natural for me, to look outside of myself for a substance to 'fix' a feeling. Or enhance it. Or get rid of it.

Feelings are temporary kiddo....it will pass, just like the crave :)

You are not a failure. Every step you took brought you to where you are right now.

You can do this.

NOPE

• Like 1

You can't smoke for years and hope your body will recover in a day; it will take a little time but it will get better.  The fog will lift and your brain chemistry will right itself.  And never call yourself a failure.

• Like 1

I'm not gonna smoke. I just needed to vent. Thanks y'all.

I don't feel comfy. But there's a saying that a dear friend told me......the only way off this roller coaster is to keep riding it.

• Like 5

I don't feel comfy. But there's a saying that a dear friend told me......the only way off this roller coaster is to keep riding it.

A friend of mine has a similar saying:

If you dont like the roller coaster, stop standing in line and buying a ticket for it :p

• Like 4

I understand about what you are saying about somebody's voice feeling like nails on a chalk board. Sometimes, I am so wrapped up in my nonsmoking thoughts, I just don't want to be disturbed by anybody or anything. That's when I know I need to get up and do something. Do ANYTHING. Distract my mind for just a little bit and let it calm down from THINKING.

Hang tough Tiffany!

• Like 1

I understand completely, this is when I find my plan B or internally insult the hell out of the person I am trying not to kill at that moment in time. One foot in front of the other, just keep moving forward and it will ease. I agree we spent years as smokers, we just need some time to enjoy being non smokers. x

• Like 1

Great job on not smoking, Tiffany!  Like Paul said, this brain fog will lift and you will be able to concentrate again soon.  The feeling is just temporary.  In the first days of my quit I did so many silly things...shaved the same leg twice, put my shorts on backwards, nearly put the cat litter deodorizer in the dishwasher....it will pass and you will be so happy that you are still a non smoker!

• Like 3

Thanks y'all !!!

A friend of mine has a similar saying:

If you dont like the roller coaster, stop standing in line and buying a ticket for it :p

And Julie, that was the best comeback EVER !! I love it

• Like 2

Smart friend. ;)

You are doing awesome. Keep posting.

I had a "pea brain" for about 1 week...I was fine..but all people around me had a bad week because they all were annoying :-)

You don't want to smoke anymore...and you are doing great. You are kicking Smokey to the curb! I am so proud of you, if I  may say so.

When I was a child I felt intimidated by some people, then somebody told me "picture them in silly underwear" and it did wonders for me. Today I use it when I want to scream "Shut up" and it makes me smile inside :-)

77539_small.jpg

• Like 1