Embarrassing...

cpk

where to start.....

nice avatar- with Easter coming I like to bite the heads off those candy yellow chicks even if yours is a duck...ducks are also on my hunting list from another post...

hard day for you?- you will be fine....look at all the tards here that made it...think we got something inside you don't? you are just as strong or stronger than some right? SO if they made it, you'll be fine too...NOPE

As for changing teams...I like to ask if you went to college and "traded teams" or experimented, BUT I wont....

Fuzzy head, not sure where you stand....well here I can help. YOur over here. With us. Your a non-smoker. Say it. "I don't smoke" Say it a bunch of times. Maybe you haven't figured out where you are because your not convinced.  We all quit 100 times. We all expect to fail and so we still think we are smokers....We aren't.   We are not "quitting"  we already quit.

YOu are a non-smoker.  

You don't smoke.

YOu don't stand with smokers

You don't eat with them

YOu take your breaks with a book or an apple. YOur going to be a health nerd soon. Maybe an exercizist extremist who does sit ups and runs everywhere.

But for right now, just practice with knowing you DONT SMOKE.  Anyone asks. "No I don't smoke" Don't say I quit a month ago, or I used to....To much info, to much detail outside the doctors office,  Also by adding "only a month" like you expect to smoke again, or not really that much of a quitter yet...don't quantify it....

Just "I don't smoke."  wwhen your head accepts this, you will move forward. Month is a hard spot. 1 million chemicals are trying to change your thinking...let them fade. Push them out ...

NOPE    I don't smoke

Excuse my French but damn, that's some beautiful preaching. I would like to tattoo it all over my arms and shoulders, like Angelina J.

• Like 2

CPK...I just got myself some big girl pants too!! Yahoo! They WORK!!! Thanks for the Sassy Style Support....

Sooooooo good to hear from you, Tymie! Was thinking 'bout you all weekend. Have a great week strutting around in those big girl pants. Mine are getting a bit tight! So guess who is going to get serious about exercise this week? As they say here...only way forward is through. (Excuse me now as I have to go finish up the last of the ice cream. :rolleyes: )

Did we all get it...well this came up powerfully in my one year thoughts:

Then came the deeper understandings. I cried the day I realized I would never have "just one" again. It felt like a grieving moment. I knew it was sick, but it was hard for me. I hated the cravings/triggers, how very dare they try and come for me, I raged, I cried (A LOT) and one godawful night in April some precious folk talked me down off the most horrible emotional ledge, I still cry if I read my own SOS from back then. I felt like I literally was in battle with myself.

How do you make it through?  Exactly as you're doing!! You simply don't put anything in your mouth and set it on fire and then you've won!

You are already a non smoker, so a thought to smoke is only a thought. (You might be fabulous but I have MANY dumb thoughts and I push them out too.)

Tell it!  yeah literally, tell it to go forth, it can't have you, you're going to be free (gritted teeth are acceptable)

So yeah that's the bad side...let's flip it!

How many good thoughts do you have where you feel proud you are a non smoker now.

The relief at not having to find a place to smoke.

You can buy stuff cause woohoo, you have some money now!

For some people they just quit and are all "TADA" non smoker :)  Some of us have to process the thoughts and emotions, it just is what it is. March on through. Thoughts can't do anything to you, smoking is bad news! Going to bed to regroup is all good. Live to fight another day. xx

I was rereading this, Marti, it's so good. I wanted to add something. When I smoked I always felt like I had a bad reputation with neighbors. This week a new couple moved in next door, with two cool dogs. I realized that for the first time in a VERY LONG TIME I would have new neighbors who wouldn't see me foremost as the person sitting on her porch chain smoking. It was kind of amazing. I felt like a new person. It was a big reward moment. I realize I will NEVER AGAIN  be that horrid neighbor polluting the summer air. Non smokers are getting more vocal in their protests of smoking neighbors. It's just not cool anymore. It was a GREAT MOMENT to know I would now be the quiet, friendly neighbor waving hello. (Yes, in real life I am a quiet person! :wub: )

• Like 3

I agree with Bakon's sentiment too. It's all about the power you give those thoughts in your own head and once they hold no strength anymore because you've already fought them back a bunch of time, they just lose the power to take you. . Newer quits still remember the pull, the insistant banshee wail of a crave...the older your quit gets the quieter that noise gets.Then you just have to be wary of the odd trigger moment (the unusual ones that you haven't faced down, like season change, like holiday etc).

I say this because I'd just get safe and peaceful and something odd would come and freak me the hell out. I'd be all what was that!! I did a 6 week sos like tyme, totally unexpected it was, thought I was safe if not ideally happy then it shook me. But the guys explained new triggers and building my own strength by fighting those stronger triggers.

I never liked nicodemon, I called it what it was, I was addicted to nicotine and possibly some chemicals I knew nothing about! How scary is that, I have no idea still what I was smoking for 30 plus years really. Yet I did it, willingly! Outside, inside, pregnant and I am so ashamed in parts, like you say about your neighbours. We will never be that person again, now we understand we get to choose. Nope, all the way. xx

• Like 2

I agree with Bakon's sentiment too. It's all about the power you give those thoughts in your own head and once they hold no strength anymore because you've already fought them back a bunch of time, they just lose the power to take you. . Newer quits still remember the pull, the insistant banshee wail of a crave...the older your quit gets the quieter that noise gets.Then you just have to be wary of the odd trigger moment (the unusual ones that you haven't faced down, like season change, like holiday etc).

I say this because I'd just get safe and peaceful and something odd would come and freak me the hell out. I'd be all what was that!! I did a 6 week sos like tyme, totally unexpected it was, thought I was safe if not ideally happy then it shook me. But the guys explained new triggers and building my own strength by fighting those stronger triggers.

I never liked nicodemon, I called it what it was, I was addicted to nicotine and possibly some chemicals I knew nothing about! How scary is that, I have no idea still what I was smoking for 30 plus years really. Yet I did it, willingly! Outside, inside, pregnant and I am so ashamed in parts, like you say about your neighbours. We will never be that person again, now we understand we get to choose. Nope, all the way. xx

Marti: I read your whole 6-week sos thing - twice! I read it thinking, wow, don't think that will happen to me, then, bam, I had my week 7! So there you go! I've been using bakon's advice a lot. Mostly am trying to rewire as "I don't smoke," and do all things I associated with smoking before but in a new way as someone who does not smoke. It's working. But of course, it would make sense, there are 1,000's of associations. Change of season. Definitely. Doing my taxes this weekend. My word, that is a challenge! But I went over and met the new neighbors. Very cool peeps. So there are the rewards. I can see how it will take a year, because you have to work through all the associations and seasons. Gee, am I getting too process-y? Who cares? Whatever works. And yeah, it's going to be mentally tiring. Right? Marti, don't tell bakon but his advice is so rock solid!!! Hopefully he won't see this exchange. Haha. Also, I'm trying not to hang on the board in the middle of the night, and here I am, and in the American Wild West and it's --- way beyond midnight. Marti, thank you so much for sharing how you view this journey. I relate with how you speak about it. This may sound crazy, but you have always made quitting smoking a very exciting journey for me. That has been so great. That's how I want to speak about this journey to others. It's a challenge, and the rewards are great. xox Muchly

Congrats on A-cing your computer exam!!!

• Like 2

Hey that is not a half bad idea to quote oneself.

Now....if only I could think of something interesting to say...

Sometimes this happens (sometimes other weird glitches, too)  and I don't know why. I don't take the time to figure it out. This isn't work, after all. (Tho sometimes feels like it!)

Quote me saying, "This is the New Summer of Love, 2015." :)