Dont go Batship Crazy

bakon

I do 30 mins of exercise each night, so I can justify the amount of chocolate I stuff in my face!  Makes me feel better  :P went for a lovely hour long cycle tonight as weather was beautiffuulll and came home to sit and eat a cadbury chocolate pud Nom nom, however erring on the side of caution my hubby hugged me and told me that touching my love handles was like playing with playdoh!!! time to up the anti methinks xx

• Like 2

Overall, I think Bakon threw out some good advice.

Smoking is an addiction, and it's easy to just transfer

all that addictive energy to other things. Also, guilt

about not doing things, and falling into

must-urbatory attitude.

Moderation. Both Bakon and the Buddha on the

same page. Who woulda thunk?

• Like 1

Now isn't the time to mention that pulled pork and melted cheese burger and chips was AMAZING....

No, okies, *slinks away quietly* haha.

I agree that bad food has dire consequenses, I just can't like good food all the time, it's a bit "meh". I put on about 14 pounds but I had already gained some before. It ain't going anywhere (cause I like all burgers lol) but it's ok. I still love exercise but that took 3 months from after quitting and I am ok that immediately post quitting I liked peanuts! 

Be kind to yourself! However that looks to you :)

• Like 2

Overall, I think Bakon threw out some good advice.

Smoking is an addiction, and it's easy to just transfer

all that addictive energy to other things. Also, guilt

about not doing things, and falling into

musturbatory attitude.

Moderation. Both Bakon and the Buddha on the

same page. Who woulda thunk?

We're masturbating to get past quitting...BOOM!!  Why did I not know about this early quit!!  i'm not sure it's entirely buddha's thing but I'm no judge....

• Like 2

We're masturbating to get past quitting...BOOM!!  Why did I not know about this early quit!!  i'm not sure it's entirely buddha's thing but I'm no judge....

buddha just a mindset, not a person...maybe bakon

is the same haha

maybe you read wrong? MUST-urbating

I try to avoid, everything else fine

(see Albert Ellis, REBT, he coined the word...)

I've started to lay off the huge plates of pasta...

wish someone would think my love handles all squeezy

and cute like play dough ~~~ Jackie, you're one lucky

lady! :)

All I can say that I wish I had done things differently than I did because I gained nearly 60lbs. I struggle to get it back off--still.  I don't feel like the extra calories and lack of exercise helped me to quit in any way.  It just was not something I thought about much, until it was too late.  Because of that I tend to tell folks that if their eating habits have changed while they cope with quitting smoking it's a good idea to kick the exercise up too.   Sometimes it comes down to age too.  Someone in their 20's is not going to have as much difficulty taking the weight back off as someone in their mid 40's like me.  

That said if someone really feels too stressed to think about diet and exercise while quitting then they should just focus on the quit.  Whatever works.  :)

• Like 6

I appreciate Jenny's input. If you start over-eating soon after

the quit it's like you are almost putting designs on a relapse,

if weight is an issue. Also, eating poorly makes a person

feel crappy...bloated, tired etc. Everyone laughed

because I sucked on a pacifier for a week...but I didn't

want to start the habit of eating a lot of sugar, candy etc.

Being early into my quit ~~~ I feel crappy a lot! Truthfully,

getting more quality sleep is what would help me. I go to

sleep fine but sometimes wake up 2 or 3 times. When

I exercise moderately I sleep better. Easy-peasy. Sort of!

• Like 2

I am quite plump now, nonsmoking, menopausal working like crazy woman. Excercise is good to feel alive. I like to go outside to walk for the air, the sun, the connection. I'm disgusted with my current weight but I go up and down. I am trying to be chill sbout the whole thing and cut myself some slack.

• Like 3

Just a couple of thoughts...

1.  Re: Newbies being directed to exercise.  It can save your quit, I know it did mine.  It distracts you, takes your mind off smoking and can counteract any weight gain.  

2.  Sometimes, I take 2 classes in one day.  Usually on Sundays, this way I can justify taking 2 days off, if I don't feel like getting up early one day during the week.  For example, took a class tonight, have stuff to do and want to relax, so its okay no need to beat myself up if I sleep in and don't make spin tomorrow. 

• Like 2

I was slim before I quit smoking. After a lovely vacation....and quitting smoking..... I gained weight....10 lbs!!! I don't care. It will come off eventually. I like what Bakon has to say: Men don't even notice! It's a small sacrifice for a life saving decision. My hubby is just happy I have quit the Cancer sticks....if there is more of me to love so be it. Right now I just want to stay QUIT. I will address anything like weight gain at the right time for me....today is not the day.

• Like 3

If I put on weight I get fat thighs and a belly and end up looking pregnant. I don't even get big boobs. I look really weird with weight on.

So I exercise to stay in shape, and as Babs says, its nice being in shape! I don't go crazy, got a couple of DVDs I put on, can't afford the gym.

Bigger boobs okay, I can use them to push my way through crowds and stuff...but fat thighs...well, we know they are just unsightly and dysfunctional, eh? With you there...all the way.

you ladies are all wonderful...don't need to add to this as the exercise nuts have made my point for me...don't sweat the curves...most men like them and not the stick figure...as for an extra 50...I can say as long as she aint bitchin'.....but that's a husbands perspective, I am happy to just have a wife, bald and skinny, pasty and sick or curvey with hair, as long as she has a good attitude and isn't Satan's evil spinster... good to be healthy, but not requirement.

single girls still have to fight each other for attention...well again if you got the right attitude it will show and the plain girl from next door is a better catch than the shallow model... buddy has a poster, super hot girl with little bathing suit and underneath it says "Somewhere some guy is tired of her Shit too."

As for the post, I go to gym, 4-5 times a week, weekends NEVER, walk dogs a mile or two after, my job requires too much sitting still to not be in shape when "needed". Always fun to catch someone 20 years younger....but the exercise is not top priority, ever. Took last two months off and lost 10 pounds, eating whatever I want, just less of it. Meat is good, God gave bicuspids to us for this reason.

• Like 4

you ladies are all wonderful...don't need to add to this as the exercise nuts have made my point for me...don't sweat the curves...most men like them and not the stick figure...as for an extra 50...I can say as long as she aint bitchin'.....but that's a husbands perspective, I am happy to just have a wife, bald and skinny, pasty and sick or curvey with hair, as long as she has a good attitude and isn't Satan's evil spinster... good to be healthy, but not requirement.

single girls still have to fight each other for attention...well again if you got the right attitude it will show and the plain girl from next door is a better catch than the shallow model... buddy has a poster, super hot girl with little bathing suit and underneath it says "Somewhere some guy is tired of her Shit too."

As for the post, I go to gym, 4-5 times a week, weekends NEVER, walk dogs a mile or two after, my job requires too much sitting still to not be in shape when "needed". Always fun to catch someone 20 years younger....but the exercise is not top priority, ever. Took last two months off and lost 10 pounds, eating whatever I want, just less of it. Meat is good, God gave bicuspids to us for this reason.

~~ a loving heart is sexy.

My Ma was healthy farm girl who grew up and got cancer (crap luck lady cancer) still she was always lady in the room with the most shine and laughter and attention. Good attitude is sexy. Big laugh is sexy. Big loving heart is sexy.

Some people (even when sick) are healthier than the rest of us.

I'm an exercise addict - always have been - even when I was a smoker.  I wish I could Not One Physical Exercise it for a day or two.  I never allow myself a day of sloth.  Kind of bananas.  Even with my "discipline" I have gained 10-15 lbs in this quit.  I look a little flabby to myself because before I quit I had finally achieved my ideal body lookswise.  But it's all good.  I am grateful for my strength, athleticism and burgeoning joy.