Minor Crave

Ramona

Well, last night I had a minor crave - only notable because I hadn't experienced one in so long.  I think prior to last night I hadn't experienced a legit crave for 2 weeks or something.  

What happened: went outside during break (@ work) and the air was actually WARM(ISH) - verging more towards Spring than Winter.  As some of you are well aware - Massachusetts saw one of her coldest winters this year.  So for a moment - because I quit in November - the warm night air made me wish for a butt.  It was not a strong crave.  It was more like a fleeting notion than anything overwhelming or obsessive.  It sort of made me smile because my addiction has been maimed, bloodied and beaten to a shell of his former self.

I am aware that my addiction could be pooling his resources for a strong, late-game attack,  But for now I laugh at his pathetic attempt. Rah-ha-ha-ha!!!!!!!!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

• Like 10

Sounds awesome.  Babs had a post not too long about spring triggers.... check it out.  It happens because most of us used to smoke outside.

Sounds like you nailed it .... Like a boss

Keep on keepin on.

• Like 4

Thanks for bringing this up. With change of weather also had a flood of associations...

not exactly craves but thoughts of smoking memories. I replaced sucky thoughts

with cool thoughts about all the new memories I can make now that I am starting

to BREATHE I think about my old bike, how I want to pimp it up, and how I will

outfit my new bike. My mind likes such thoughts. I'm earning to not fear any

thoughts regarding smoking. Taking control...

• Like 1

I have read that the change of seasons during the first year can cause cravings because of the newness to doing things as a nonsmoker. Ie the first picnic, the first sitting out on the porch on a warm night, the first vacation. Certainly the first vacation I took was a challenge but by the second I was much stronger. That is why the first year is important to remain aware I think and to come here and other stop smoking sites to get reinforcement

• Like 2

Great work TEW - now that you have beaten that initial change of season trigger you can take time to enjoy the fresh scents of spring with those lovely non smoking senses of yours !! :-)

• Like 1