a song for the times

eriklamb

I wrote this song over a year ago when I was kicking a pretty nasty opiate addiction. I never bothered to record it, but have performed it frequently at shows. While doing a set last January I realized the themes parallel nicotine withdrawal and any addiction really, esp how I was currently feeling, so I figured why not record it. Maybe it will help someone who is amusing the thought of "just one", maybe it will help someone change their perspective during their quit, I don't know but here it is if you are interested.

https://www.soundcloud.com/eriklamb/solace-city

• Like 6

I wrote this song over a year ago when I was kicking a pretty nasty opiate addiction. I never bothered to record it, but have performed it frequently at shows. While doing a set last January I realized the themes parallel nicotine withdrawal and any addiction really, esp how I was currently feeling, so I figured why not record it. Maybe it will help someone who is amusing the thought of "just one", maybe it will help someone change their perspective during their quit, I don't know but here it is if you are interested.

https://www.soundcloud.com/eriklamb/solace-city

oH, MAN, THAT'S YOURS????????????

oH, MAN, THAT'S YOURS????????????

Lambie, you're a beautiful dude, but what's for breakfast? You cooking today? Ever since I quit smoking I love, love, love breakfast. For me, green smoothie today.

On the forums, go down to where it says Introductions...whatever. You'll find it.

What kind of mushrooms?

About emotions....I have been insane and have had to apologize to everyone on this site several times now which is getting old. Consider we used smoking to stuff down emotions ~ and now emotions have free reign and are dancing all over the place. It's tiresome, but they got to settle down and stop partying when we're trying to concentrate on our jobs and life and stuff. Can't we use food to soothe them? Like good grains and stuff? I think you should post a nonsmoker menu of the day.

On the forums, go down to where it says Introductions...whatever. You'll find it.

What kind of mushrooms?

About emotions....I have been insane and have had to apologize to everyone on this site several times now which is getting old. Consider we used smoking to stuff down emotions ~ and now emotions have free reign and are dancing all over the place. It's tiresome, but they got to settle down and stop partying when we're trying to concentrate on our jobs and life and stuff. Can't we use food to soothe them? Like good grains and stuff? I think you should post a nonsmoker menu of the day.

When I'm raging insane I'm going to listen to your song to remind me I'm going through something good, but serious. Thanks. Loving it.

Haha glad you like it, thanks for listening. And I'm stuffing them with a tomato sausage basil garlic mozzarella blend that I should have made last night but instead am doing last minute

• Like 1

Right underneath S.O.S. there's section called "Introductions and About Us"...go there and make a post and you'll have to tell your story all over again, then your big fan club of people will start showing up and all will pet you and hug you and welcome you and love you up because your young and cute and big time talented but most of all a NONSMOKER, and they will ask you to cook for them...there is also a place...down in Socializing Section, I think...where people post pictures of what they made for dinner...I'm sure you would become the rock star of that section...