Flaming turd vs Freedom

cpk

Weird how mental pulls get stronger just when

physical cravings are almost all gone This is

where the rubber meets the road, and exercise

seems to be the only way to rewire the circuits...

thank goodness weather is finally cooperating

with my quit.

Any other 1 month to 2 month-ers and more,

and master quitters...have thoughts?

You are correct, once the physical withdrawal finally subsides then you have the mental aspect to conquer. This was the tricky part in my opinion. I had an issue every month around my celebration it would subside shortly after and then kick up again the next month. This is where I dug in and reminded myself how bad the first month was and that I never wanted to repeat that hell. I also read other members who told me that it got better and soon it wouldn't even be a thought. I held that up as truth and clung tight to it whenever I felt weak.
It did happen just like everyone said it just happens at different times because every quit is different. So everytime you get into a battle with your mind just remember that it does get better and every battle that you win is one step closer.

• Like 4

Hey char, you marching to 6 weeks per chance??  Tyme just did this.  Damn girl, hunt those SOS back to april, I did that...let me help you bypass a bit ....

The quit is not new and exciting no more. When you see peeps and they ask are "you still quit" and you say "yeah" and they say "that's good"....

So right here is your brass band!!  Your quit will ALWAYS be SHINY and AMAZING, you are doing the most fabulous job in quitting and there should never be a point of life that doesn't excite you!!

My message is I think we can slump into "un-new" (un new isn't a word but try and keep up with my crazy lol). And I don't think we should, I think the quit should always carry a value and be part of the "new" us. I feel life we kinda morph into the person we should always have been, from the smoker we were and that journeyis months long and extremely valuable at every stage.

So as doll says...the early doors part is done and dusted. Fare thee well shite pit and welcome the tweenage years of quitting. Don't let it catch you off guard chick so stay focused on an end game and relish the breaks you are getting. Also make sure you are still treating yourself, it carries infinate value to be kind to oneself through these days because you are more than worth it.

x

• Like 4

You are correct, once the physical withdrawal finally subsides then you have the mental aspect to conquer. This was the tricky part in my opinion. I had an issue every month around my celebration it would subside shortly after and then kick up again the next month. This is where I dug in and reminded myself how bad the first month was and that I never wanted to repeat that hell. I also read other members who told me that it got better and soon it wouldn't even be a thought. I held that up as truth and clung tight to it whenever I felt weak.

It did happen just like everyone said it just happens at different times because every quit is different. So everytime you get into a battle with your mind just remember that it does get better and every battle that you win is one step closer.

Thank you! Really helps this weekend... :wub:

Hey char, you marching to 6 weeks per chance??  Tyme just did this.  Damn girl, hunt those SOS back to april, I did that...let me help you bypass a bit ....

The quit is not new and exciting no more. When you see peeps and they ask are "you still quit" and you say "yeah" and they say "that's good"....

So right here is your brass band!!  Your quit will ALWAYS be SHINY and AMAZING, you are doing the most fabulous job in quitting and there should never be a point of life that doesn't excite you!!

My message is I think we can slump into "un-new" (un new isn't a word but try and keep up with my crazy lol). And I don't think we should, I think the quit should always carry a value and be part of the "new" us. I feel life we kinda morph into the person we should always have been, from the smoker we were and that journeyis months long and extremely valuable at every stage.

So as doll says...the early doors part is done and dusted. Fare thee well shite pit and welcome the tweenage years of quitting. Don't let it catch you off guard chick so stay focused on an end game and relish the breaks you are getting. Also make sure you are still treating yourself, it carries infinate value to be kind to oneself through these days because you are more than worth it.

x

It would be great if once you quit, and are serious, that you could just put it in the past. And during the "good times" that's how I feel. Maybe this is when the vigilant quit is strong. But other times...like, when trying to accomplish tasks...it's harder. Oh yeah, I'm rewarding myself like crazy. A bit of spoiling going on. Posting like a pesky baby. Haha. But, you know, when I am not as efficient in daily life have to remind myself that a lot of rewiring is going on. This is where I feel the "hole" the most. I did not know how much I used a smoke as a "reward" after finishing a task. Then there was the "getting ready to go out" smoke. Like now, I am getting ready to go out and this is always when I used to have a smoke while writing a list of errands, or tasks, or whatever. It DOES sound insane when put it into words. Thanks for listening....xx

• Like 1

It would be great if once you quit, and are serious, that you could just put it in the past. And during the "good times" that's how I feel. Maybe this is when the vigilant quit is strong. But other times...like, when trying to accomplish tasks...it's harder. Oh yeah, I'm rewarding myself like crazy. A bit of spoiling going on. Posting like a pesky baby. Haha. But, you know, when I am not as efficient in daily life have to remind myself that a lot of rewiring is going on. This is where I feel the "hole" the most. I did not know how much I used a smoke as a "reward" after finishing a task. Then there was the "getting ready to go out" smoke. Like now, I am getting ready to go out and this is always when I used to have a smoke while writing a list of errands, or tasks, or whatever. It DOES sound insane when put it into words. Thanks for listening....xx

It's exactly now I want you to pat yourself on the back...if I were there I'd do it.

It is tough times and you are acheiving brilliant stuff!!

Go, have the best time and know some english bird somewhere is virtually hi fiving your efforts!  Because this is your new reward, this site, we are the reward time but so are you...with every free moment or day.

My point is don't underestimate what you have acheived, cherish it (as Iknow you do). 

Super proud of you!

x

• Like 2

There are so many things in this so I am going to break them down :) 

"It would be great if once you quit, and are serious, that you could just put it in the past." 

Oh gosh! Wouldn't it?!? I remember when my Grandmother quit she just threw out her pack and never went to get another. She didn't curl up in fetal position, cry, and put a pillow over her face and scream into it like I did. She wasn't scratching her arms like a junkie, and wanting to tear her skin off. I was... do you know why this is? Because for as long as we have been smoking Big Tobacco has been slowly increasing nicotine levels to keep us hooked, except for the past decade that was when they said "Eff them" and increased them dramatically basically putting cement shoes on us. 

"when trying to accomplish tasks...it's harder." "I did not know how much I used a smoke as a "reward" after finishing a task"

Yep! When I first quit every time I finished a task I walked over to the counter where I kept my cigarettes and grabbed at the counter like a moron because that was what I was used to. I was used to doing a task, grabbing a cigarette, and going outside. That feeling goes away because like you said you are rewiring. It just takes a little time. 

'Then there was the "getting ready to go out" smoke. Like now, I am getting ready to go out"

Have a blast! You deserve it!! 

"Oh yeah, I'm rewarding myself like crazy. A bit of spoiling going on."

Again you deserve it! Spoil away!! 

"Posting like a pesky baby."

Post away, that is what this place it for! I personally Iike reading you! :D :D 

• Like 3

Thank you, DD! I wish you could just follow me around and whisper this into my ear every minute! Oh, there you are, in miniature, sitting on my shoulder! Because I DO get through these periods, but WHILE IN THEM it's so tough. And today I did remind myself that on Day 8 of my quit I was so sick I considered checking into the hospital, while today, at 5 1/2 weeks I am enjoying more and more freedom. It would be insane to give that up!

• Like 1

It's exactly now I want you to pat yourself on the back...if I were there I'd do it.

It is tough times and you are acheiving brilliant stuff!!

Go, have the best time and know some english bird somewhere is virtually hi fiving your efforts!  Because this is your new reward, this site, we are the reward time but so are you...with every free moment or day.

My point is don't underestimate what you have acheived, cherish it (as Iknow you do). 

Super proud of you!

x

Love, love this! Was having a "moment" when I wrote this. Then went out and played with

horses for 4 hours. They liked it when I did deep breathing with them. One horse got

nose to nose and did "deep breathing" right along with me! It was soooooo cool!!!

And magical and spiritual. The universe really does support healing, but I have

to keep climbing back on the rainbow when I slip off...x...Ta! english bird....

• Like 1

There are so many things in this so I am going to break them down :)

"It would be great if once you quit, and are serious, that you could just put it in the past." 

Oh gosh! Wouldn't it?!? I remember when my Grandmother quit she just threw out her pack and never went to get another. She didn't curl up in fetal position, cry, and put a pillow over her face and scream into it like I did. She wasn't scratching her arms like a junkie, and wanting to tear her skin off. I was... do you know why this is? Because for as long as we have been smoking Big Tobacco has been slowly increasing nicotine levels to keep us hooked, except for the past decade that was when they said "Eff them" and increased them dramatically basically putting cement shoes on us. 

"when trying to accomplish tasks...it's harder." "I did not know how much I used a smoke as a "reward" after finishing a task"

Yep! When I first quit every time I finished a task I walked over to the counter where I kept my cigarettes and grabbed at the counter like a moron because that was what I was used to. I was used to doing a task, grabbing a cigarette, and going outside. That feeling goes away because like you said you are rewiring. It just takes a little time. 

'Then there was the "getting ready to go out" smoke. Like now, I am getting ready to go out"

Have a blast! You deserve it!! 

"Oh yeah, I'm rewarding myself like crazy. A bit of spoiling going on."

Again you deserve it! Spoil away!! 

"Posting like a pesky baby."

Post away, that is what this place it for! I personally Iike reading you! :D :D

Wow!

You know, that thing about the tobacco enhancement...this was not something I considered. It just blows my mind!!!!

Okay, really good to hear about someone who describes that strange feeling of not getting the reward...instead...the empty counter. I

kept my smokes in the freezer, so I'd go to get a smoke and would feel that cool air...and then...yes...go outside. I am really surprised

that the smoke I miss the most is the one I'd have before going out...

So now, I just go out. Why the hell is that so hard???? :unsure:

I did go out and played with horses all day and had a blast!

It's so healing to be able to talk about this with peeps who understand, because how the heck could this

ever be explained to those who don't understand how deep the addiction takes hold?

Deeply grateful to you for your comments. All have really helped, tremendously! xx :tender: