Was Feeling down

Ricki M

I had been feeling down the last few day but today feel so much better since I watched some of the videos on here and maybe more time has passed.  Can't say I don't think of a cigarette I still do but I don't feel as edgy or something.  I going to get on my treadmill which I have put off before I change my mind.  Thanks so much for your support.

Hugs, Ricki :wub:

• Like 9

Good Job Ricki!!!! 

That's exactly what I did when I first quit...I think I watched every single Quit smoking video on you tube.....I would even just watch public service announcements about smoking.....something I avoided when I was actively smoking.   I would spend hours reading and watching.  It became an obsession really....but in a good way :)

It's absolutely normal to feel the way you feel....exercise is the best solution!  Every thing in regards to taking care of your health will help.  Exercise, eating right, getting proper sleep, drinking lots of water....laughing...socializing...meditation...all that good stuff  :)

One day at a time...

• Like 2

Good Job Ricki!!!! 

That's exactly what I did when I first quit...I think I watched every single Quit smoking video on you tube.....I would even just watch public service announcements about smoking.....something I avoided when I was actively smoking.   I would spend hours reading and watching.  It became an obsession really....but in a good way :)

One day at a time...

You really look like a happy quitter in your pix!

• Like 1

Hi Ricki. I started my Quit 6 weeks ago & I can certainly identify with your feelings of fatigue. I think some of us may be prone to a little depression with our Quit and our "new normal". Even mild depression can cause fatigue. The insomnia goes away & we find new ways to deal with day to day stress & life. There is an elation & pride that occurs as we progress into our Quit because we are able to say Nope to the cravings & stay away from the store! We are in control now. It is easier with keeping busy & doing something positive when those nasty cravings threaten our Quit. I'm finding it easier now but I admit there are times the craving can be strong. Old habits die hard but better that we kill the habit than kill ourselves. You are doing great! I don't always post on the board but I read it every day. The wonderful people on this site help us to remain strong & optomistic that we WILL win! It's a process and with any worthwhile process time is a requirement. We just have to be patient (even though we may feel irritable) and keep pushing through. I find chewing gum helps....keeps my mouth busy & feeling fresh. No more stink on my breath, clothing or hair! That I am really happy about! We CAN and WILL succeed...we can do this! One day at a time & soon we will be feeling better & proud of our huge accomplishment. Stay close to the Board. It really does help to identify with others who have been through this, even though we will all have both similar & individual responses to our Quit. You are doing a great job!

• Like 2

Ricki keep climbing your doing brilliantly, my exercise bike and me have a fantastic relationship, it keeps me focused, every day I do my 20 mins cycle with my music, my sit ups and crunches, I am forming a new addiction but one that will benefit me this time.  I also can justify the amount of crap I now eat also lol, I eat lots of chocolate I exercise it off!!  :D

I'm pleased today was a good day and feel re set Ricki. It can feel so incredibly all consuming at times, and then like an easy free fall the next moment. This yo yo eases as a little time passes, trust that if nothing else. Make sure you are being gentle on yourself for now, you deserve yours (and others) tlc for a little while so you have time to adjust. Make sure you treat yourself, a magazine, candle, make up...whatever, keep em coming, you need rewards for generally being so awesome :)

And post! Lots! It saves many a quit by investing your time and energy both reading and posting (games are a good win for using up time). 

xx

Glad to hear you're doing great! Cigarettes will never be completely off our mind, which is normal. It all depends upon how you look at it. Exercising can be an amazing replacement for smoking. No tar. No stink of smoke. No damage to the lungs, nerve endings and the taste buds. No risk of diseases. :D

We would love to hear from you, to celebrate your milestones/accomplishments and to help you whenever it is needed.

I'm so happy I found it here...you are all so fantastic to say the least.  I wish I had found this before but I was stubborn and thought I would do it all alone...oh well I'm here now and that is what counts.  Oh BTW...I did go purchase some makeup today :D

Ricki

• Like 1