Where did the shadow go???

cpk

I got no happy memories about smoking. Went to the library today

and a lady looking at books next to me stank of cigarette stink.

OMG did I go around like that? Smoking's like a shadow that's

always there, even if you are not smoking, wherever you go

people know, and you know.

I'm not feeling so good physically today - went for a walk but

cold air irritated my lungs so now am home under a blanket

with the vaporizor on because steam heat really helps.

But the shadow's gone. The anxiety that was always there

when I smoked -- because smoking is anti-life. It's gone.

Second month is peaceful so far. What a big surprise!!!

• Like 11

Be careful the sun can come out anytime and shadows of storms on horizon can be large.

Not to scare you, just be ready for different things this month.

Congrats on not smelling anymore. Be sure to wear proper shoes to store or risk leaving impression of other things not washed and smelling. Ask frez and her friend Petra.

• Like 4

Be careful the sun can come out anytime and shadows of storms on horizon can be large.

Congrats on not smelling anymore. Be sure to wear proper shoes to store or risk leaving impression of other things not washed and smelling. Ask frez and her friend Petra.

"Not to scare you......."                                  Poopy!                        Addiction = Fear = Addiction = Fear = Cycle of Fear/Addiction

thunder and lightning? - I crawl under bed until it passes                        easy peasy                     tah                      Cool Peachy Kicker                      

• Like 1

Am I happy to let go of the Shadow?   Hell, yes.    Can I handle LIFE without smoking?    Hell, yes.

Can I handle quit?    Hell, yes.                 Alone?   Probably not....for now...

• Like 6

CPK high five loving the kick ass attitude, the lingering shadow of stinky smell leaves and finds another poor sucker to follow, I love smelling sweet, and hate the smell of smoke and can sniff it out at ten paces, makes me shudder, with spring coming its a good idea for a massive spring clean of the house get rid of any lingering scents xx

• Like 1

CPK high five loving the kick ass attitude, the lingering shadow of stinky smell leaves and finds another poor sucker to follow, I love smelling sweet, and hate the smell of smoke and can sniff it out at ten paces, makes me shudder, with spring coming its a good idea for a massive spring clean of the house get rid of any lingering scents xx

Beat those rugs, wipe down those walls, hang those washed curtains out in the sunshine! :sun_bespectacled:

• Like 1

Good on you, being positive. So many positives to being a non smoker, none I could see to be a smoker.

Isn't it re assuring to have some calmer days!! Do be aware the odd trigger will come up, it takes you more by surprise I think as you're not dealing with them all day every day like you were so stay vigilant. Have a plan for that and then enjoy the calmer bits for a while, you deserve it.

x

• Like 1

Today major leaks in closet...clothes soaked...my computer printer was stored in there and when I took it off the shelf water mixed with black ink spilled all over carpet. Management of this complex has been out twice this year for leaks...as well, heat and hot water sometimes does not work for days at a time. Now I have to get them to try to fix leaks - again - clean carpet - again. Meanwhile they keep jacking up the rent.  In the past I would be running out for junk food and smokes, smokes, smokes, smokes, smokes. Today, however, feel so calm it's spooky. Zen masters say: Don't put a hat on top of a hat. Smoking ADDS stress to an already stressful situation. That smoking calms us down seems to be THE BIGGEST LIE OF ALL. I'm a bit bummed out about the mess and flood, but I feel calm. I'm looking at the big picture. Smokes were like hysterical little demons always making mountains out of molehills. I'm glad they're gone!

• Like 1

thumbs up

Somebody needs to be spanked for building crummy apartments (on inside) but making them all pretty on outside for nice curb appeal with expensive trees and flower gardens. Like lies about smoking, so cool to be a smoker looking all sophisticated, while inside lungs look like a graveyard. I am taking the thumbs up to mean I can go out for a cup of primo coffee because I am staying calm, and because my lungs feel good today, not all fluttery and quivery. :victory:   Cool Peachy Kicker

Good on you, being positive. So many positives to being a non smoker, none I could see to be a smoker.

Isn't it re assuring to have some calmer days!! Do be aware the odd trigger will come up, it takes you more by surprise I think as you're not dealing with them all day every day like you were so stay vigilant. Have a plan for that and then enjoy the calmer bits for a while, you deserve it.

x

Okay, I'm learning the calm doesn't always last. But every time it comes around I am going to acknowledge it because I

need it...and I'm going to collect all the good moments and put them in a magic mental medicine bag...because that roller coaster thing...

okay, it's a real thing. But I got my medicine bag. Ohhhhh, Marti, you must be so excited! Well done you!!! :music:  Oh yeah!

Am I happy to let go of the Shadow?   Hell, yes.    Can I handle LIFE without smoking?    Hell, yes.

Can I handle quit?    Hell, yes.                 Alone?   Probably not....for now...

Great attitude - of course you can do this ... And while only you are responsible for keeping the quit ... You certainly don't have to be alone while you are doing it ! xx

• Like 1

Great attitude - of course you can do this ... And while only you are responsible for keeping the quit ... You certainly don't have to be alone while you are doing it ! xx

Thanks. I needed this clarification. It even helps to read about how people feel when they throw away their quits.

Hi everyone...I am new here and on my second day of not smoking.  I have quit several times in the past because I have a history of stopping for sometimes years and then going back to smoking.  I want this to be the last and would love the support from all of you.  I tried to put on the tracker but not computer savvy to know how to do it...it there a place to go on here.  I went on the ticker but didn't know how to paste it or whatever.  Thanks for any help. 

Ricki M :)

• Like 1

Hi everyone...I am new here and on my second day of not smoking.  I have quit several times in the past because I have a history of stopping for sometimes years and then going back to smoking.  I want this to be the last and would love the support from all of you.  I tried to put on the tracker but not computer savvy to know how to do it...it there a place to go on here.  I went on the ticker but didn't know how to paste it or whatever.  Thanks for any help. 

Hey. Ricki!  Instructions are here...let me know if you need more help.  To copy you just right click and choose copy...and then same thing to paste...right click and choose paste.  If you can't work it out one of the Moderators will be happy to do it for you!

You had it pasted in the wrong spot but I fixed it for you.  :)

Hi Ricki....

Welcome aboard the quit train....

Congrats on your quit....best decision you cam make....

Read all you can here...there is some great stuff to read....

Post often...keep in touch ....all the support you will need is right here..