Just a hello

Hope work is gentle with you today. Actually the distraction of work will probably be a good thing. Make sure you take sips of fruit juice (if you're cold turkey that is) as your blood sugar levels muck about for a few days and it can make you super tired or a bit grouchy. Let us know how you're dealing when you can. Oh and sips of cold water help too!! You're doing great!! x

• Like 1

Yes i'm cold turkey, have a huge glass of juice on my desk! Have to concentrate a bit more to bat away the urges. I work around web content and editing so having to double check everything. Apart from that I'm not too bad! 

Red of course! and thanks  :)

Your with friends here...I too am a red....

We also have action who lives in London ...but is a hot red....so you can talk Blokey football....

Stay close to the board ....there is always someone here to help ...if you need it.....

Hello!

Good to see the QT website back  - good job on the move  B)

Last night was a little harder, coming home from work, the evening, was going to be the biggest trigger time for me. I took myself out for a 5k run and also started watching Breaking Bad on Netflix - that should keep my mind occupied!

Sleep wasn't great, but expected that - but I'm into day 3 and feel better than I did on day 1 & 2  - so upwards an onwards!

Thanks for the support, much appreciated  :)

• Like 5

Hi Karl....

You doing just fine.....your body is going through some crazy changes....

A lot of us had our sleep disturbed.....but it does settle back done....

Don't forget the daily nope thread.....

A promise to your self you won't smoke in the next 24 hours..

It got me through many a day....

• Like 2

Hello!

Good to see the QT website back  - good job on the move  B)

Last night was a little harder, coming home from work, the evening, was going to be the biggest trigger time for me. I took myself out for a 5k run and also started watching Breaking Bad on Netflix - that should keep my mind occupied!

Sleep wasn't great, but expected that - but I'm into day 3 and feel better than I did on day 1 & 2  - so upwards an onwards!

Thanks for the support, much appreciated  :)

Breaking Bad is awesome!  I've watched the entire series twice on Netflix.  Very, very well written and developed.

You seem to be doing quite well!  Keep on keeping on.  :)

• Like 1

Karl welcome aboard - sorry I am late on this - the site being down for a bit threw me off - this is a great family here - you will get all the support you could ask for without a doubt. Good luck stick to the board and it will be a fun easy ride.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone - the support that is offered out to everyone here is really cool. 

Had a rough past few hours which I didn't see coming, felt like the 1st day again in terms of physical withdrawal - took myself to bed for an hour and just napped through it!  - feel a bit more human now!

• Like 1

Thanks everyone - the support that is offered out to everyone here is really cool. 

Had a rough past few hours which I didn't see coming, felt like the 1st day again in terms of physical withdrawal - took myself to bed for an hour and just napped through it!  - feel a bit more human now!

That's how it's done Karl.....getting through 1 craving at a time....you get thru one..you can get thru all of them...and with each crave/trigger you beat.......you become stronger!  Good job so far!!

• Like 1

It's strange, sometimes when people are doing really well, I don't know quite what to say to them. Anyway, you're that guy, so way to kick ash! Have a nice, relaxing smokeless weekend, and keep doing what you're doing.

• Like 2

I shall be on my 7th day tomorrow and I think the weekend will be tricky without the distraction of work. However, I feel good and strong and shall make sure I keep busy, also find time to relax!

Day 7! That's ONE WEEK! Hell week done and dusted. BIG CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Big time celebration sans smokes. Bakon (has he nicknamed you Elton???) says treat yourself to something nice because "the quit is hard work and needs to be paid" --- I'm nearing 6 weeks and have no recollection of Day 7. I think I was holed up in my spare bedroom watching back-to-back DVD's, eating large bowls of angel hair pasta, drinking cold hibiscus tea, and sucking on a binky, as everyone here knows. (Think in Liverpool they're called dummies?) --- but in my defense I also think we were having back-to-back raging snow storms. Whatever you do, do it to excess...after all, you're being sensible in quitting smoking, so how much else do you really need to be sensible about this weekend? :preved: :umnik2:

• Like 3