Thank You

Colleen

My new job has lots of smokers, almost all smoke.  I can't help but notice the smell.  Even with that, a couple times today I thought wow, it would be nice to go and smoke with them.  Say what?!  I don't want to smoke I tell myself.  It's not the smoking you want to do, so I come here and post a number or two, read a couple threads at lunch and brings my head right where it needs to be.  What was I thinking?!  Thank you QT family  :wub:

• Like 16

When I joined the boards, and became friends or known to others, the commitment to quitting grew. So many times I have thought about how it would feel to smoke and then have to admit it here, or disappear and have you wonder. I hate when people relapse here especially people I feel connected to.

• Like 10

When I joined the boards, and became friends or known to others, the commitment to quitting grew. So many times I have thought about how it would feel to smoke and then have to admit it here, or disappear and have you wonder. I hate when people relapse here especially people I feel connected to.

Beacon - out of my head now !! a0d0423989cfe63dbac86525c36d6b54_zpsff34

• Like 2

What a drag! :negative:

This is something I am going to ask about in interviews. I want smokers a half mile

away from the entrance, and around the back of the building. I hate the smell... :big_boss:                                                                     :angry: nasty

get oughta

my space...

Don't romance their pleasure. :diablo:

They desperately desperately desperately want to be YOU... someone who is free, living free. :angel:

• Like 3

This is something I am going to ask about in interviews. I want smokers a half mile

away from the entrance, and around the back of the building. I hate the smell... :big_boss:                                                                     :angry: nasty

get oughta

my space...

They desperately desperately desperately want to be you, someone who is free, living free. :angel:

Aww sweetie thank you. Sometimes I forget how bad it was - but that desperate line reminded me !! ..... Please, please , please keep posting ! I stay her to support others BUT I truely believe those "others " keep me quit xx
  • Like 3

Colleen we got you my lovely, it was just a passing thought which you kicked into touch, just shows how the addiction can sneak but in sometimes, my wee family here keep it real for me, and remind me daily how important it is to KTQ, big hugs to you xxx

• Like 5

I have friends who still ask if I'm coming for a smoke, only for me to say, I don't do that anymore. And sometimes get "you're still not smoking?!" In surprise! Gee, thanks for the support guys!

• Like 6

what you really wanted was to be part of the group, its all new to you, smoking was not what you wanted hun x

Wow, how true. I thought about this later in the day...how hard it would be --- the new kid on the block...and with everyone else in the smoking clubhouse. Yeah, this would be really hard, and I'm so glad you posted this. Good one!

• Like 1

get oughta

my space...

They desperately desperately desperately want to be YOU... someone who is free, living free. :angel:

The thought is nice, but I would be careful...what if your interviewer is a smoker?  I work in a field that has a lot of smokers, high stress occupation lol 

• Like 1

I have friends who still ask if I'm coming for a smoke, only for me to say, I don't do that anymore. And sometimes get "you're still not smoking?!" In surprise! Gee, thanks for the support guys!

And how about those who say, "Oh yeah sure you're not smoking. wink wink" like you are lying about it. I've also gotten, "You'll never quit...so why try?" and one time someone actually left smokes under my doormat! I know this is my sticky quit because I finally have no friends who smoke, and while I was going through the worst of the new quit turned my phone off in the evening. I keep my distance from anyone who is smoking, and I've stayed close to this board since I found it.

• Like 1

Cig smoke smells good to me still. :( i like to observe the people smoking. Many times they look unhealthy or they look young and I feel sad. However, noone looks like they are having an extra good time. Instead they ate just smoking.

The thought is nice, but I would be careful...what if your interviewer is a smoker?  I work in a field that has a lot of smokers, high stress occupation lol 

Yeah, yeah, I've been thinking about you and your situation a lot. I live in an area where less and less people are smoking, and it's pretty frowned upon. Years ago I did get a job where the interviewer (the boss) smoked, and everyone smoked. I quit after two weeks. Even though I was still smoking, I couldn't stand to be around that much smoking and smoke. I now work in the health care industry, and I haven't seen anyone smoking near a facility for a long time. I kid you not, here you can't smoke within a block of any hospital, or in any public park, and now the library, jail, all municipal buildings...schools or the main outside mall..smoking banned in all these places.

Cig smoke smells good to me still. :( i like to observe the people smoking. Many times they look unhealthy or they look young and I feel sad. However, noone looks like they are having an extra good time. Instead they ate just smoking.

I should never have been a smoker (probably should have chewed tobacco!) because I always hated the smell. When I observe smokers...I have no feelings pro or con. All I think is how glad I am to not be outside in the cold having a smoke...because it's really, really cold here.

Don't frown! It smells good to me still too, in context - drifting on an early morning breeze, in faint wisps... but hey, so does a bonfire, and I'm not about to grab a birch branch and huff it! I even like the smell of gasoline and chalk dust, but again, only in context. The cigarettes I smoked didn't smell good, they burned my lungs and my eyes, and made my clothes and car stink and my teeth and fingers brown.. awful things...

All I'm saying is, context.

Don't frown! It smells good to me still too, in context - drifting on an early morning breeze, in faint wisps... but hey, so does a bonfire, and I'm not about to grab a birch branch and huff it! I even like the smell of gasoline and chalk dust, but again, only in context. The cigarettes I smoked didn't smell good, they burned my lungs and my eyes, and made my clothes and car stink and my teeth and fingers brown.. awful things...

All I'm saying is, context.

7,000 chemicals riding on the wind...I feel like I can smell the chemicals.  This a whole different smell than what I remember from when I was a kid...as I did like the smell of my Dad's pipe tobacco.

Once in a while, I too get the urge to smoke when I see someone smoking or I'm feeling exceptionally stressed.  I get that feeling of, "I wish I could have a smoke too."  Then I remember how it really FEELS to smoke, the burning in my throat and chest.  That annoying cough that would never go away.  How icky it made my hair smell. 

Nevertheless, we are still previous smokers and that urge happens on occasion.  The good thing is that it only takes about 30 seconds to pass. If even that.  :)

• Like 1

Once in a while, I too get the urge to smoke when I see someone smoking or I'm feeling exceptionally stressed.  I get that feeling of, "I wish I could have a smoke too."  Then I remember how it really FEELS to smoke, the burning in my throat and chest.  That annoying cough that would never go away.  How icky it made my hair smell. 

Nevertheless, we are still previous smokers and that urge happens on occasion.  The good thing is that it only takes about 30 seconds to pass. If even that.  :)

It's the only thing people are doing everywhere like it's normal, and that seems weird. If everywhere I went people were licking chocolate ice cream cones, laughing in groups etc. I could see where I might start to feel like I'm missing out, and would want to try a chocolate ice cream cone. But I can really relate to the stress thing...as I'd say those were my most important smokes. I'm going to have to work hard to fill up my toolbox with many, many tools for dealing with stress.

I like fresh smoke, not stale smoke.  If I walk by someone actively smoking it smells good to me, but if someone comes inside from after their smoke, it smells pretty rancid & noxious.    

As a child I was allergic to smoke but once I started partying through my adolescence it became delicious.  One of my first kisses was with a smoker named Chris Brown - he smoked Marlboro's.  I wasn't a smoker at the time but I was a drinker!  His smoke tasted dangerous and mature and sexy.  I became a smoker not too long after that.  And then later - an alcoholic too!!!! 

This weekend marks 4 months without nicotine and 4 years without booze.  This makes me practically a Saint now, right?  

• Like 5

I like fresh smoke, not stale smoke.  If I walk by someone actively smoking it smells good to me, but if someone comes inside from after their smoke, it smells pretty rancid & noxious.    

As a child I was allergic to smoke but once I started partying through my adolescence it became delicious.  One of my first kisses was with a smoker named Chris Brown - he smoked Marlboro's.  I wasn't a smoker at the time but I was a drinker!  His smoke tasted dangerous and mature and sexy.  I became a smoker not too long after that.  And then later - an alcoholic too!!!! 

This weekend marks 4 months without nicotine and 4 years without booze.  This makes me practically a Saint now, right?  

Not a saint. Just normal.