Smoking dreams near a milestone?

I am approaching 2 milestones, one is of my longest quit of 364 and the other is of a year.

I've asked my buddy but he must be busy and it's freaking me out. Do you think it's normal that my dreams would ramp up?  I keep dreaming that I've cheated and carry on pretending I'm quit but can feel the addiction taking me back over and am not sure how long I'll last until I'm full out smoking again...it's so odd...I keep waking up wondering momentarily if I did or didn't!!

I get the dreams although that's been rare for me but this is the same dream, night after night...no other points I can remember to google search so I'm wondering if it's just milestone related...thus the ask, has it happened to anyone else like this?  I'm knackered and just want to sleep a whole night.

Gosh, Ms. SP, I keep checking back to see if someone has replied to this.

Seems like the addiction is using your excitement as leverage to try to stick a foot back in the door.

Whenever I make improvements in my life the dancing skeletons come bursting out of the closet.

They are just thoughts. Too.

Ramped up because there's more at stake. Which is also just a thought.

There's nothing at stake. Your quit is secure. I'm new to THIS quit, but I've made many other changes, and the skeletons always dance.

Loving kindness may help. And new underwear. I fight back with frilly sexy new undies!

Geez, I hope someone more mature comments soon!  Be well, Marti. May the Goddess of the Quit breathe blessings on your sleep.

• Like 1

Mine did Marti. I had quite a few dreams as the milestone approached. I will say that they were different than the ones throughout the rest of the year. I wasn't waking up in a panic or crying it was easily shrugged off as a dream with a "screw you nicodemon, I win".

• Like 2

Oh, yes, Marti...the closer it got, the more I dreamed!  I was so excited that I guess I was just thinking about it more.  Once the big milestone was over, it was back to normal.  Can't wait to celebrate with you!!

• Like 2

Hi Marti, I can't add to this my lovely but want you to know that I know that you will deal with these dreams, because you have been strong and determined all through your quit, I hope you have a better restful night to night and have pleasant dreams xx

• Like 2

Definitely had them. A lot earlier in the quit then at 9 months, 12 months.

For me, the dreams were my Sub-Conscious testing the water...

How serious was I?

Did abandoning the quit have consequences?

Surely a milestone was an achievement - and we always smoke for achievements don't we?

I would wake a bit panicky....then as I realised it was a dream, felt a flood of relief. Sending the old sub-conscious a very clear message that we no longer smoke. For achievements or anything else.

As you know, I have several degrees as both a rocket surgeon and brain scientist - and that there is therefore no factual evidence to support my theory - but - Not had a dream since I hit one year.

So, nutter cat. You are no madder than usual ;)

• Like 1

There is no reason to smoke to "celebrate" your 1 year milestone....or any other celebration for that matter.... You have replaced smoking with buying yourself something purple whenever you want a reward! ;)

So....dream away about Barney or other purple things that won't throw you for a loop....

Anyhow, according to your quit meter, your 1 year celebration was 2 months ago... No need romancing it now.

;)

Seriously, don't read anything into it... My last vivid dream involved me and the ladies of the QT...alas...just a dream....onward and upward.. :)