Guests! Are you trying to find the perfect time to quit smoking?

Ladybug

Such an awesome post....

Except you need to continue.....

This year...

Next year...

The year after next...

Well, maybe in four years....

Not four....we may as well make it an even 5.

QUIT RIGHT NOW......when you quit, you get to quit wasting your life!

• Like 7

This year...

Next year...

The year after next...

The Sarge had a 2-ish month forced smober in 1987. Basic Training - back when he was The Private.

In 1986 the Dept. of the Army made smokes contraband for all basic trainees. "No. Smoking. Allowed!", said The Man.

The Sarge doesn't consider that time an actual "quit" because (1) it was forced  against his will, (2) he cheated whenever he could - about once a week someone in the platoon was able to smuggle a pack in and (3) he started right up again graduation day. Pack a day that very day.

Sarge decided maybe he'd wait for TheRightTime™ to do a righteous and real quit ... and it would be  Right Soon Now, Too ...

24 years later, in 2011 TheRightTime™ never came, but The Doc was giving dire warnings of a first heart attack by 50, and the second (soon thereafter) killing The Sarge. It still wasn't TheRightTime™ ... but it was time.

It was time.

Twenty fooking four fooking years of playing the game as outlined in LadyBugs post above.

TheRightTime™ doesn't exist, folks.

The time is now.

Yesterday is better, but now is all you've got.

Get to it.

Easy Peasy

• Like 5

Fantastic post LB! This is an excuse I often hear from my family. "I can't quit right now. It's just not the right time! So much is going on in my life and I'm so stressed." No, it's an excuse. I quit cold turkey almost two years ago. I didn't set a date; I just did it. If I can do it, anyone can. Stop making excuses and realize that this addiction isn't going to go away unless you stop. 

• Like 1

Such an awesome post....

Except you need to continue.....

This year...

Next year...

The year after next...

QUIT RIGHT NOW......when you quit, you get to quit wasting your life!

true...there was no perfect time in 35 years!

omg Ladybug, you just described me when I decide to start eating healthy... never a right time! lol

And you are so right: there isn't such a thing as a "good time to quit" smoking because our addicted minds won't listen... very good post you did!

bumping for the guests as its a good one!

Take no time to think about it guests - just jump its really not as bad as you think it might be

you cannot turn back time and this is your time, your life.

• Like 1