I am rewarding myself..... ok, not really

I am just going to indulge.  The whole day went so good, I was feeling really good.  And then a couple of hours ago, one little thing set me off and I have been craving a cigarette since. 

So what am I going to do to get through this ??????

I am going to go get me some stuffed mushrooms.  :)

• Like 11

Y'all are right.  My friend/ neighbor is insecure about me quitting. 

She made several comments about how she would like to quit but how much she enjoys it and how hard it is for her to quit.  She quit for one month once and she said that she was so unhappy. 

She's a weak spot for me.  I am going to limit my time with her for a while.  Until I am alot stronger.  Like maybe in a year or so.........I love her to death but she is echoing the junkie thoughts in my head.  And it ends up making them stronger. 

The cool thing is Puffy was there too and she has quit so she was talking about how you have to really want it to succeed.  It was like the devil on my shoulder (my neighbor) and the angel on the other shoulder (Puffy) were having a conversation in real life. And as we left, Puffy looks at my neighbor and says "Dont' give her any cigarettes". 

I love Puffy.  She's my angel. 

• Like 4

You got to play the hand you were dealt Tiff. You're just gonna have to get tuff and keep moving forward with your quit.

Stay positive, and stay glued to this board. :)

Sounds like a good plan Tiffany.

I avoided telling my dad (we live 5 hours drive away) for months as he was very much to me, what your friend is to you...in this sense.

Didn't need someone 'not believing' in me when I found I doubted myself some days.

Do what you gotta do I say :)

Y'all are right.  My friend/ neighbor is insecure about me quitting. 

She made several comments about how she would like to quit but how much she enjoys it and how hard it is for her to quit.  She quit for one month once and she said that she was so unhappy. 

She's a weak spot for me.  I am going to limit my time with her for a while.  Until I am alot stronger.  Like maybe in a year or so.........I love her to death but she is echoing the junkie thoughts in my head.  And it ends up making them stronger. 

The cool thing is Puffy was there too and she has quit so she was talking about how you have to really want it to succeed.  It was like the devil on my shoulder (my neighbor) and the angel on the other shoulder (Puffy) were having a conversation in real life. And as we left, Puffy looks at my neighbor and says "Dont' give her any cigarettes". 

I love Puffy.  She's my angel. 

When an addict is faced with losing a partner in crime, it often causes them to have a wee look at themselves and their own addiction.

My neighbor Calvin was my favorite smoking buddy. Almost daily, we would meet up on one of our porches with a coffee, share our day stories, and smoke our heads off. 

The first few weeks was awkward and weird.......I needed to protect my quit like a newborn baby, my quit felt fragile and tender at that point, so I simply explained to Calvin that "everything is temporary" and I would join him as soon as I felt a little stronger in my quit. He's my friend, so he understood, even though he himself is an addict and didnt want to be a lonely addict. 

The first few times I went back to hanging on the porch with Calvin, it was hard for me to stay completely focused on conversation.......my mind would drift to his cigarette, I would watch him smoke it, watch him fiddle with his lighter.......but now, 10 weeks in, I just think its stinky and sad. 

You do whatever you need to do to protect your quit! 

Limiting your time with smokers does not make you weak, it does not make your quit weak.........it means you care enough about yourself and your quit to do whatever is necessary to ensure your success. 

• Like 2