Still not smoking, score!...

Rob

So it's payday, work has taken a few of us for a meal and drinks to say thank you for the successful office move, and it's the first time in a while I've felt... Merry (teeny bit drunk) :)

And OMG 50% of me wants a cigerette right now. Infact, that would be awesome...

I'm not going to:-

* I've got used to drowning out the bad 50%, it's no big deal

* I know at this stage that the bad days are a rare variety, and this sudden urge has been triggered as smoking is still integrated with thought of fun nights out drinking.

* The good days are really good. I'm really enjoying being a non-smoker. Nobody else was smoking tonight - I fit in and integrated well and it felt great.

... But I hate that - against all logic and sensibility - I still sometimes feel like I'm depriving myself by not allowing myself to smoke... to not do what the hell I want to do... Can you relate?

This isn't an SOS or a cry for help, it's just encouraging to know others can relate to this stupid - and temporary - mental struggle.

• Like 6

Thats another battle won ,Rob...facing down these triggers make your quit that much stronger

If you havent done it already, make sure everyone you hang out with knows you quit smoking...those who never smoked will be proud of you, and those that are smokers will be in envy of you....its a win win situation...

well done!

• Like 2

great job Rob!!

Yes....the occasional feeling of something missing is there for a while yet.....even now after 2.5 years I still get them...but there are a fleeting thought...like a mosquito I swat away...

Just be careful of your thoughts...you are not deprived....smokers are deprived...follow up with that thought when you start to feel deprived.

Smokers don't "get to" smoke..as if get a prize and you don't.  Remember..they "have to" smoke...and that's a terrible feeling to even think about going back to.  I know you won't.  You rock Rob!

• Like 3

Thank you all!! I feel so much better now, and glad I won the battle. Helps a lot to rant here when needed :)

Tyme - yes, strength in numbers for sure. You're doing great as well :) hope I can help you if you ever have a bad day.

• Like 5

Hey Rob,

Spot on how most of us thought. Agree with Babs, don't let the thinking get flipped back, but yes, even now the odd thought and it aggravates us all. At your stage I got angry with the thoughts, like that catherine tate sketch "how very dare you"...it's part of it and smoking will be less of a trigger each time you drink now. One day you will come home blotto and not have thought about it at all...even if smokers are there. You just feel sorry for the bad hangover they get when your's will be easier now you are a non smoker :)

Brilliant work, facing the triggers give them less bite every time, even running away from them if it feels hard makes the next battle half fought.

Great work Rob!

x