A Poll--Milestones

Jenny

Milestone Names  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Choose names for the stages of the quit!

• Newbie Keeperbie 0-6 mo
    • Keeperbie Wannabe 6mo-1yr
    • Keeperbie 1yr plus
    • Rookie 0-6 mo
    • Trainee 6mo-1yr
    • Oldie 1yr plus
    • Freshmen 0-3mo
    • Sophmore 3-6mo
    • Junior 6mo to 1 year
    • Senior 1 year plus
    • Passenger or Caboose!
    • Crew
    • Conductor
    • Engineer
    • Bronze
    • Silver
    • Gold

I added the suggestions to the poll above.  You only get three poll questions so to get them all on the same poll I just listed them all together rather than do multiple polls for each group.  I think you can see what belongs together.

Also, if you didn't know there was a thread in which people were contributing idea's too and you have another idea put it here and I'll add it to the poll.  :)

I think I will always treasure keeperbie when I get there...but I can make that my personal title.  I think the QT needs a new start...with brand new titles.  I would suggest we honor the titles other have earned in the past...but going forward I would choose:

passenger (0-3)

crew          (3-6)

conductor  (6-9)

engineer    (9-12)

• Like 7

I think I will always treasure keeperbie when I get there...but I can make that my personal title.  I think the QT needs a new start...with brand new titles.  I would suggest we honor the titles other have earned in the past...but going forward I would choose:

passenger (0-3)

crew          (3-6)

conductor  (6-9)

engineer    (9-12)

Good idea Nancy

passenger (0-3)

crew          (3-6)

conductor  (6-9)

engineer    (9-12)

Agreed!

I want to emphasize again...BonnieJ had this great idea!

I love Bonnie's idea......thankyou for bringing it here Nancy so it didnt get overlooked. :)

It just seems so appropriate! New home, new names.....train.....I just love it :)

Awww thanks guys :wub:

Personally, not that I really care, but 'Passenger' is way to passive a name for someone taking a massive step and quit smoking.

I appreciate there's appears to be a need to create a hierarchy, but I think 'Passenger' is about as far from the truth as you get when you're starting your quit.

'Adventurer' to me seems more appropriate, then something like 'Survivor', then 'Bear Grylls'... or something...

The long and short of this is that I think the labels are somewhat pointless, but if someone called me a 'passenger' when I first started my quit I would find it a little insulting. "I'm not a passenger I'm the f*cking Engine!"

Just my 2p worth.

• Like 5

I agree rob. I don't know, I lied the three tiers. Like right now I'm getting close to six months. I knew in the beginning it would be long and hard to get there but I knew how rewarding it would be to stick it out and get that young pharte title or whatever. Ultimately I also see the need for the hierarchy I just think four is a lot. Three keeps it to the point where it's realized that it's tough but rewarding. Also agree passenger/caboose is something I would have not appreciated being called. Would have turned me off when I first got here.

• Like 1

Personally, not that I really care, but 'Passenger' is way to passive a name for someone taking a massive step and quit smoking.

I appreciate there's appears to be a need to create a hierarchy, but I think 'Passenger' is about as far from the truth as you get when you're starting your quit.

'Adventurer' to me seems more appropriate, then something like 'Survivor', then 'Bear Grylls'... or something...

The long and short of this is that I think the labels are somewhat pointless, but if someone called me a 'passenger' when I first started my quit I would find it a little insulting. "I'm not a passenger I'm the f*cking Engine!"

Just my 2p worth.

You make a good point.

• Like 1