Still in a fog...

cpk

Cpk...there is no limbo you are either a smoker or non smoker..and it looks like you are making the right choice. Being a non smoker requires a nope everyday...do not put a cigarette in your mouth ever. Simple. It does get easier at times and there will be roller coasters , stress, and life happening but smoking doesn't change any of that. Stay close to this board, post often, read posts, play games and please sos if you need..just don't smoke.

I am testament that anyone can get through stress without smoking. I have had some awful tragedy and stress in jan- feb. And smoking would have only brought more stress to my life...I chose to be a non smoker daily...life happens..smoking is NOT an option

Hang in there!

• Like 2

Hi cpk!! 

Happy to have you here...you seem to have your head in the right place and I have no doubt you have made up your mind to make this your sticky quit.  You will be an asset to this board.  Glad you found us!

Welcome!

Sticky quit! First time I heard that! I like taking vows so the daily pledge is really meaningful for me. Thanks! I love breathing in all the good stuff!

• Like 2

welcome cpk, each day is a win, one step at a time, you are doing great, congratulations on your quit :)

Love your humor. Didn't you post the chicken video? :wub:  I laughed out loud...probably the first time since I quit, so it felt good. :lol:

Cpk...there is no limbo you are either a smoker or non smoker..and it looks like you are making the right choice. Being a non smoker requires a nope everyday...do not put a cigarette in your mouth ever. Simple. It does get easier at times and there will be roller coasters , stress, and life happening but smoking doesn't change any of that. Stay close to this board, post often, read posts, play games and please sos if you need..just don't smoke.

I am testament that anyone can get through stress without smoking. I have had some awful tragedy and stress in jan- feb. And smoking would have only brought more stress to my life...I chose to be a non smoker daily...life happens..smoking is NOT an option

Hang in there!

Thank you for this. Stress is a biggie. I was a stress smoker. I'll pledge every day to fortify myself. Good tips, here. Well done. Thanks! :wub:

I replaced gum for cigs, but ate a bottle of gum (mint no nicotine) now cut that back and have a massive upset stomach and the first days I felt 'no smoke, no gum 'hellup''! 

I'm going to pick up cycling again. And I'm just saying don't trade candy or another addiction (like I did) for cigs it only bites you in the ass. Fill the left over time you have now with NEW activities!

You can do this!

Thanks. Swimming is my love. Smoking took it away because I just didn't feel motivated to exercise. So getting swimming back is a big reward. Thanks for the tips. All good. I'm breathing in all this good stuff, and loving it. :wub:

Well done....great attitude.....don't forget the treats....you have so earned them....

It doesn't matter how big or small....it's a nice pat on the back....

Thank you, Doreen. Getting back to swimming and B-R-E-A-T-H-I-N-G are big rewards! Thanks for the encouragement! :wub:  cpk

Eighteen days into quit journey, and feel a little lost. Am in limbo between being a smoker/not-smoker.I have not smoked but I just feel strange not smoking. I feel if I don't start making real lifestyle changes ( i.e. swimming) I will continue to feel lost and tense. The "newness" of quitting has worn off...and I need new activities, and a new tribe...and think I've found one here. Thank you. P.S. I stopped coughing in the first week and by the second I think my cilia were waking up. So that's the good news. :rolleyes:

Congrats cpk! I know what you mean about the feeling lost and tense. Honestly, I felt like cigerettes and I were made for each other and that I didn't really want to stop smoking; that i was really just kidding myself with this quit smoking thing. The good news is that some days go by now where I don't really think of smoking, it's amazing to reflect and realise that. It's a relief and and a dream come true to finally be free, and not have thoughts constantly altered by chemical addition any longer.

Yes there are still bad days, but few and far between and normally at this stage the bad days don't really have anything to do with cigerettes :)

I know I'm still young in my quit so I might be talking prematurely, but I really am that happy to be free from what I was beginning to worry might be a life long curse.

• Like 2

CPK.. I don't have a lot to offer, except...Welcome to our little spot on the web...As you have already witnessed, this group is dedicated to helping anyone quit smoking. We have all been there and try to offer any bits of advice that will make your quit a success.

You already seem to have a great attitude. As mentioned by others...education is key to conquering this!

Stay active on the board and use any and all the resources available to you and this will have a great ending. :)

Welcome aboard, and...Keep your eye on the prize!...

• Like 1

CPK.. I don't have a lot to offer, except...Welcome to our little spot on the web...As you have already witnessed, this group is dedicated to helping anyone quit smoking. We have all been there and try to offer any bits of advice that will make your quit a success.

You already seem to have a great attitude. As mentioned by others...education is key to conquering this!

Stay active on the board and use any and all the resources available to you and this will have a great ending. :)

Welcome aboard, and...Keep your eye on the prize!...

Amazingly sweet encouragement! Thank you, with tears in my eyes!

I know I'm still young in my quit so I might be talking prematurely, but I really am that happy to be free from what I was beginning to worry might be a life long curse.

You often say smart things, but I think you need to stop and reflect on how absolutely true this is. And how lucky you are, even if you made that luck yourself. 

You were right to worry - don't ever doubt that.

• Like 1