Reality - Quitting Is A Mind Game

Markus

Brilliant Marcus, its the one thing that holds alot of quitters and would be quitters back, FEAR, fear of not having or being able to smoke FOREVER, its that word FOREVER that scares so many, but we need to learn to fight the addiction and remember we are worth so much more and the fear will eventually fade and we will come to realise that we have chosen the right path and that is the path to freedom, freedom from the nicotine and freedom from the addiction.

• Like 2

Am still finding my way around this site. Glad I found it, though. One day I feel great...the next not so much. I'll visit when I can. How do I install my running total thingie? Can anyone help?

Instructions for your Quit Meter or ticker are here.  How about taking a moment to introduce yourself in the Introductions Forum?  Glad you have joined us.

• Like 2

Okay, wow. I can't believe already I have avoided smoking 189 cigarettes! I didn't think I smoked "that much" and didn't view myself as a heavy user. Coming out of the fog === although I found this site because I was trapsing around online, in a fog. But I feel better already.

• Like 2

Okay, wow. I can't believe already I have avoided smoking 189 cigarettes! I didn't think I smoked "that much" and didn't view myself as a heavy user. Coming out of the fog === although I found this site because I was trapsing around online, in a fog. But I feel better already.

Welcome CPK :)

• Like 1

There are so many sites out there but the same information gets repeated, and just collecting more and more information is wearying. I think this is a good site because it's a "go to" place to get support, and also to report on one's quit journey.

• Like 1

Jackie,

it does kill the quit for some, that unexplained fear of the unknown and the voices of addiction that whisper  "stay with us, stay with what you know, don't change, you will be lost" . Quitting also involves learning about the addiction, and as you have so aptly stated, growing out of it. Thank you!

cpk,

You are certainly welcome and congratulations on your decision to quit! Stay close to the board please, and write what you feel on the better days and also on the bad days! And always be proud of what you have accomplished, no mattter what you feel like! And this is a good place to report on your progress and also to celebrate your milestones, something we sometimes forget to do! :)

GTQ,

Markus

I loved your post. I read it three times! It was the first post I read coming on this site for the first time today. What a blast! :P :wub: :D

• Like 3

• Like 1

Awesome cpk! I am so happy to be reading all of the positives on this Board! It truly makes my day coming to this site! I am addicted to the Board lol! Not to smoking!

Cool. I guess it's easy to see things in terms of addiction. I'd like to think I am BREATHING IN all the good stuff I was missing. Truly, just breathing deep has become a new "addiction" --- I love love love breathing, now!!!

• Like 1

Jackie,

it does kill the quit for some, that unexplained fear of the unknown and the voices of addiction that whisper  "stay with us, stay with what you know, don't change, you will be lost" . Quitting also involves learning about the addiction, and as you have so aptly stated, growing out of it. Thank you!

cpk,

You are certainly welcome and congratulations on your decision to quit! Stay close to the board please, and write what you feel on the better days and also on the bad days! And always be proud of what you have accomplished, no mattter what you feel like! And this is a good place to report on your progress and also to celebrate your milestones, something we sometimes forget to do! :)

GTQ,

Markus

I'm still a bit foggy, What does GTQ stand for?

• Like 1