How do you stop romancing?

Evelyn

Re-watch the videos on how the corrupt, dirty tobacco companies use your body as a meaningless stepping stone on their way to the bank.  Then ask yourself how good those cigs look....wanna get hooked again, pay with your lungs and peace of mind for others to enjoy their yachts and caviar?

• Like 1

When someone relapses, the junkie mind can play tricks and you might think hey I will just do a do over, reset my ticker and start again

Erm hello dingbat (say to oneself) you want to start from day one again really? And who is to say you can stop again

Shout it down EVelyn, tell your brain no f ing way, you lying, stinking, bastards, you ain't catching me out or NOPE to be polite

Go read your early posts and then read some recent ones, see the difference to where you are today that should stop the romancing x

You got this quit EVelyn and you worked bloody hard to get it! Keep it, it's precious, not everybody will do it so be proud x

• Like 2

your knowledge and experience and inner strength can help you realize that the romancing is false and don't listen to that part of your mind. When I find myself romancing, i think about how these thoughts are tricks and i remind myself about articles ive read or joels videos on the topic

Hi sweetheart...

Nancy put on a brilliant post yesterday...a video clip ....it's a really good reminder of now the tobacco ,don't care less how many good folks they kill ...as long as they get thier millions....

Hope it helps....it sue reminded me ...to keep my quit..

Hugs xxx

• Like 1

Hi sweetheart...

Nancy put on a brilliant post yesterday...a video clip ....it's a really good reminder of now the tobacco ,don't care less how many good folks they kill ...as long as they get thier millions....

Hope it helps....it sue reminded me ...to keep my quit..

Hugs xxx

Do you have the link?

You know if you smoked honey....you would be sooooo sorry.....and be angry with yourself......

Keep surging forward....it really does get easier....

We feel very fragile sometimes......and can take things to heart.....I'm referring to Bakon.....

He's spurring you on...in his own way.....if he didn't care he wouldn't post to you....

Look at it positive....

Keep looking at all the videos....refresh yourself....of why you are here....

You can do it.....I know you can.....xxxx

• Like 1

Aww Evelyn - even the word romancing sounds like there is something positive about smoking - but you and I both know there is nothing !! Think back - what is there positive about smoking - ?? The choking, the stink, the expense .... .? And what are the positives ... Freedom, health ,,, ?? You know you are doing the right thing so stick with it sweetie ... And great job reaching out for support - so proud of you ! Xx

• Like 1

Evelyn this is proof on how far you have come, you have recognised the junkie romancing in yourself and you have posted it, this is how to beat it, to know yourself, in the past you would have just disappeared and then come back to say you are restarting.

this phase will pass and you will be even stronger than before, read as much as you can to...

turn off that thought that is reaching out looking for an excuse, you have been quit for nearly 2 months now and no NRT which in the beginning you thought you could not do, now look at you go

_________+++++2013+NOPE.gif

• Like 1

Oh Evelyn, PLEASE stay noped! Starting over sucks, I promise you!

I think part of the problem is the different way people quit. Some people just put their heads down and march forward and I think you find this more often in men. Others over think the whole thing, and I think this tends to be a female thing :rolleyes:

For me, I was starting to actually have times, hours really, of not thinking of smoking. So when the thoughts of smoking did come back, it came back, not as the enemy, but as the long-time friend :angry:   And so the romancing started. Of course, I am probably way over thinking this!

I am not sure what to do about the romancing, other than read, read, read about the reality of smoking.

Stay strong, dear Evelyn!

• Like 1

that's it, Evelyn....stay close to the board.  That's the key now.  Stick with Karen...she's right where you are.  You both got this

That inner voice is a ******* liar........a no good...stinking, filthy, dirty, scumbag, piece of shit liar.  It's not even your own voice....you have nothing to do with it.  

You are a nosmo warrior Evelyn...nuttin's gonna stop you now!!

• Like 4