day 40

laura

So I'm feeling quite proud I am on day 40, the only advice I need is I can't get up in the morning.

I don't need my fix anymore but I'm so tired I don't want to get out of bed, and when I do I'm rushing around. I have lost my get up and go and want it back. On the plus side feeling confident about my quit :-)

• Like 9

Awesome work on day 40!!!  You are doing amazing Laura, great job :)

I think it's the time of year Laura, we're struggling here too, at least it's not freezing or pouring but this weather doesn't do a lot to life your mood nor do the dark months. What about getting some berocca?

What about the gratitude thing in the morning to try and shake it off, you could try that. When you wake think of 3 things you are grateful of before you get up and then smile. Apparently it puts you in a better frame of mind for the day. I always forget lol.

• Like 4

40 days is just amazing, think all of our get up and goes, gone and decided to party somewhere else, its definitely the time of the year methinks, I am so exhausted every day, my advice, put on some music and shuffle this way and thata way, and sing as loud as you can  :D xxx your doing fab my lovely

• Like 3

Congratulations with 40!!! :) And yes, it seemed to be so much easier to jump out of bed when the big prize. NICOTINE, was right there, and the most satisfying cigarette of the day was waiting for us, perhaps even with delish coffee to go with it!

I'm struggling with getting up as well, even when I get to bed insanely early in the evening. I'm going to assume that it is temporary. :)

• Like 1

The excitement of your quit might be wearing off.  It happens... some may call it No Mans Land i think.

You have and are still doing something amazing... something that takes a strong strong will and a strong person to beat this addiction.  

BE PROUD.... GET UP AND LIVE YOUR LIFE TO THE FULLEST!!!

Keep on keepin on.

• Like 1

40 days is awesome!

I find some days are hard to motivate oneself

I write out a to do list otherwise I would just wallow :), if its in black and white I kinda cant ignore it and when half way through the list, I gotta finish it, the seasons affects my moods and mojo  :angry:

I listen to uplifting music in the mornings, sounds of spring, nature, birds etc on youtube  :wub:

dont forget to treat yourself for what you have achieved so far x

40 days is awesome Laura! Good for you! I am at day 24 & am having same prob. I'm thinking that because nicotine is a stimulant when we have it with a cup of coffee it becomes a quick wake me up habit. Apparently this difficulty getting out of bed WILL go away. Long time habits take time to break. It WILL get better!!!! We can count on it!

• Like 1