Don't blow it out of proportion

Jonny5

You quit smoking.

You stopped doing something that you used to do, that thing was 100% negative

that's all you did.

life is instantly better.

It will take time to readjust, but readjust you will.

The bigger a deal you make of it, the more of a big problem your junkie mind will perceive and use to bully and scare you.

Don't get me wrong, it is possibly the most important positive step you have taken in your whole life, and the difference it will make to your life is huge, but it is huge in a good way, not in a negative way.

so remember, don't blow it out of proportion, freaking out and panicking is a major quit killer.

calmness is your friend.

• Like 8

Wow Jonny! Another great post. This is my entire plan! I may be new in this quit, but I do know how to quit. I'm not going to dwell on smoking. I'm also not going to dwell on not smoking. I've had a few moments, but they passed. I am now a non-smoker...that's it.....no big deal, no small deal....it IS the deal.

Let's just get on with life.

• Like 4

calmness is your friend.

2 Things I feel I need to pick up on...

1. 100% Negative is not strictly true, I definitely picked up some women because of smoking. FACT!

2. Calmness is definitely your friend I agree, but the knowledge that a continued quit will see so many benefits that outweigh even the odd pick up! And not smoking is definitely sexier than smoking.

One thing I really gained from Allen Carr's book was that even in the beginning of my quit, I could go about my normal business and be happy.  I did not have to freak out,  or be nasty, or hide in my house.  Some times the campaigns from stop smoking organizations that promote the idea that quitting is so  hard can unnecessarily add to a smoker's reluctance to quit. 

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 4/9/2014 at 3:48 PM, Jonny5 said:

You quit smoking.

that's all you did.

life is instantly better.

It will take time to readjust, but readjust you will.

The bigger a deal you make of it, the more of a big problem your junkie mind will perceive and use to bully and scare you.

Don't get me wrong, it is possibly the most important positive step you have taken in your whole life, and the difference it will make to your life is huge, but it is huge in a good way, not in a negative way.

so remember, don't blow it out of proportion, freaking out and panicking is a major quit killer.

calmness is your friend.

• Like 3