I Made It..4 Months!

jess

I'm not sure any other anniversary of being a non smoker will mean as much as this one...Month 3 to 4 seemed like an eternity. So much has happened in such a short time yet it feels like years. I truly doubted initially that I would make it to month 4, and for awhile I really didn't care.

What I did do was a lot of reading on OT, relied on my QT family and then became a lurker for awhile. For awhile, I needed to be alone with my struggles.

I got up one day brushed off and said enough is enough..I told myself smoking was never going to be an option..I would not smoke because that one cig would just add more stress..never will it take stress away.I refused to let the junkie thoughts win.I vowed to never let that cigarette have any sort of power over me again.

I was doing great and then the collapsed lung out of nowhere. I can only imagine that this must be how COPD feels...as this healed along came pneumonia..What a month!

Today I feel pretty good and can celebrate 4 months of being a quitter!! I made it!! I know there will be junkie thoughts again but I am hopeful I always remember the dash between months 3 and 4 to keep marching. Thank you my QT family for believing me and holding me up when I couldn't bear to do it myself! XX

• Like 14

That's fantastic, Jess. My mom had life-threatening pneumonia last summer, and was in the hospital for 10 weeks where I was with her almost all the time because she was so delirious and paranoid. She now has a collapsed lung, and it makes it difficult for her to be as active as she is used to and likes. Congratulations on weathering a tough time! :)

• Like 1

Jeez, tough frikkin month chicky. I mean, UBER tough. My heart absolutely goes out to you for all that's happened and how strong you have to be.  I think you're an inspiring lady Jess, I really do. I actually don't have the right words but I want you to know I have been rooting for you in my own way and I think you are absolutely fabulous, as is your quit. I am chuffed to bits to read your 4 months and healing summary. xx

• Like 1

Congratulations, Jess! You REALLY earned your celebration this month! I'm so sorry for all that you have had to go through this month but one thing is for sure-- you clearly made up your mind some time ago that you are NOT going to smoke again and you stuck to it. You may have struggled and suffered but you emerged victorious. Good for you!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...