Back on patch now

Evelyn

I'm so proud of you !!!!

You just did the most AWESOMEST thing Evelyn. You recognized your weakness and you took care of yourself.

Your amazing. Your gonna be just fine. Keep on going. We are all right here holding your hand.

as long as you stick to NOPE Evelyn you have to do what feels right for you - all I can say is when you are ready try and come off them again to get rid of the nicotine (but when you are ready)

I don't know anything about patches Evelyn, but as long as you are not smoking I am happy :)

I am sure you will come off them (or step down whatever that means) when you are ready. There is no rush.

Hi there hun... the others are 100% right, you do what works for you not to smoke... i'll back you 1,000% on that... it's what works for you.. the goal is to get and then stay quit.. the "how" don't matter...your doing great.. stay with it!! :)

Good for you Evelyn. As long as you are not smoking, that is the main thing. And I have a feeling that as more time goes by you are going to think less and less about it and then one day you are just going to forget to put your patch on and that will be the end of that.  I am proud of you :)

boooo   I hate to see someone on any NRT. Sorry but it keeps your skin crawling and you wanting nicotine. How long were you off nicotine? I don't agree with "going back on it".

Sorry, like you, want to help you, but not baby footing around it.

NRT is good only to get you off the smokes, not to "make it easier". I will never say its ok to go back to it after going longer than a week without it.

But ok with NRT to get off the smokes and get off NRT soon as possible.  Go chew on rocks if need be. Yell at the sky, punch the ocean... let yourself scream into the wind to beat nicotine, but don't baby this thing. If it was easy, everyone would do it tomorrow. Its work, hard work, but worth the work. The harder you fight at beginning, the quicker the results. NRT only prolongs the addiction into a state of withdraw which lasts as long as the patch or gum is used.

Sorry to be billy bummer, but rip that thing off and tell it to go to hell. At least three days without nicotine and all you did was step backwards, if it was a week, shame shame, you got this beat.

• Like 1

Good, better - I decided not to let my parents especially my mom have that effect on my. I sometimes hurt but no longer let it ruin my day - my moms neglect in my early years... screw her. I confused missing her with the feeling of abandonment I felt the early years. It damn well hurts but I won't let her have that powr over me! 

Well, I think that's good that you decided not to let the past effect your today...yay you!.. hows your patch's doing?.. what strength are they?.. have you thought about when you'll start to taper down on the dosage?...and  ain't I just full of questions today?  LOL :P.. I tried the patch YEARS ago... but I didn't really want to quit back then, so of course I had my "Excuse's" for why it didn't work - go figure, right! ;)