Online Support Groups for People Wanting to Quit Smoking

TAC

This is the title of a Yahoo page listing quit smoking support forums.

WE ARE NOT ON IT!

There is a "comments" link on the page where I have asked them to list us as well.

I'm thinking that if all of you also comment, we might get some action.

Sorry Action, we love you too!

http://voices.yahoo.com/online-support-groups-people-wanting-quit-smoking-4156525.html?cat=5

• Like 3

Good idea Ladybug, I/we have been thinking about contacting whyquit to ask them to list us.

While scanning their site however I did not see a link to any quit smoking forums except their own.

There is also a post on whyquit that does not talk favorably about forums in general.

Guess it wouldn't hurt for me to talk to John over there, I know he likes cookies :)

On your suggestion Ladybug I have opened communications with John Polito at whyquit.com.

I asked him to join our site if nothing else, just to look around and see all the wonderfull things we are doing for quitters

• Like 4

It's mostly a "I scratch your back and you scratch my back thing". I love his videos and it would be great if we (sorry MQ there is that "we" again) would have some here as well...and would love to see him update his "online support groups..." with a link to quittrain!

• Like 2

I believe that we qualify for a listing/link on the whyquit website as a free quit smoking support community.

I noticed that our old stomping ground is not listed LOL

• Like 1

they are trying to sell stuff...I assume that's why they might not be listed under "free online support"  :rolleyes:

You might be right about that, guess we have a chance after all. We are certainly not trying to sell anything around here except maybe some likes ;)

Just got an email back from John at whyquit.com.

He was pleased that we asked to be listed on his site but he reminded me that ours is a new site and we have technically not turned out any long term quitters of our own yet. Yes, we have some newbies but we must turn them into long term quitters first, then John promised to put us on his site.

I thought his answer was reasonable, so let's keep our newbies from lapsing, keep their quits and make sure they get to become veterans, old phartes, keeperbees, or just long term quitters some day. :)

• Like 1

Just got an email back from John at whyquit.com.

He was pleased that we asked to be listed on his site but he reminded me that ours is a new site and we have technically not turned out any long term quitters of our own yet. Yes, we have some newbies but we must turn them into long term quitters first, then John promised to put us on his site.

I thought his answer was reasonable, so let's keep our newbies from lapsing, keep their quits and make sure they get to become veterans, old phartes, keeperbees, or just long term quitters some day. :)

I will be one of those newbies that will turn into a long term quitter. So please tell John to sit back and smile. Its coming.

• Like 4

MQ - If you could attach the words quit smoking to quit train on the search engine tags google would ping it easier than it does now.

Thanx Comrade Simba, we have done that including a whole list of other relative words on my personal profile. Feel free to visit my profile to see :)

Yes, I told John that we would produce long term quitters very soon and that many of us love whyquit and that many of us have already posted links to whyquit. I'm certain he is keeping his ear to this board, we are getting too big to ignore don't you think Ladybug?

• 4 weeks later...