Well, I smoked!

Mike.

Hello, everyone!

I smoked last night, before going to bed and again today, until just 5 minutes ago.

Unlike my other "false start" here, in October last year (I think), I am not going to run and hide and instead, accept the help offered here, even when I have struggled with abstinence. Who knows, maybe another "poor soul", can gain some solace in my pushing through this, to success.

So, I am starting again now. I'll change my quit date and look for DD's thread on Anny's, to reflect mine to be today, (Feb 04/15).

Mike, do you have cigs in the house?

Yes. My wife's. I started back smoking hers and have stuck, with that brand, except for one pack of my old brand.

I did too in the beginning but after two days I wet them and put them in the garbage

If I threw them out, she would just be pissed at me, and buy more. And furthermore, it would be a small matter to walk to the nearest store in 10 minutes, and hand over the cash for my own, (again).

So, that is not an option but, really it doesn't matter. I've quit before with those (hers), in the house.

Glad you quit again Mike. Can you ask your wife to keep her cigs with her for a while. It gives us thinking time if we need to actually walk to a shop and buy them. I quit with smokers in the house and they did this for me without me really asking. x

• Like 2

You can do it Mike.  Like you said - If you decide you aren't going to smoke anymore, it doesn't really matter if there are cigarettes lying around or not... smoking them is no longer something you do :)

Again, thanks everyone. Hi ya all!

I do appreciate the encouragement. It does help.

Today? Well, it's going ...

The hardest was getting out of bed. I used to smoke at least 5 smokes the first hour I got up. Instead I laid there and contemplated my navel for a while. I realised I was spacey and feeling a little stoned ... different. :wacko2:  Too much O2 I guess.

Later ...

Mike well done for jumping straight back on board, stay focused, concentrate on why you quit and how important it is to you, one minute at a time if necessary, a lot of the lovely quitters here swear by the "not smoking just for today" and I like the sound of that, never look too far ahead, just one minute one day at a time we are all here and we've got your back, you can do this, xx

• Like 1